Puppeteer

Author Topic: New Developments in RE and fighting climate change  (Read 372 times)

glort

• View Profile
New Developments in RE and fighting climate change
« on: April 26, 2020, 04:08:42 PM »

Might change some peoples minds on how we can save the planet using renewable energy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: New Developments in RE and fighting climate change
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:28:30 PM »
Yikes!  It's an hour and 40 minutes but, for you glort, I'll do it.

My wife informs me that this film hasn't endeared Michael to the usual suspects.

Cheers,
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2020, 07:44:49 PM »
I'll pass.

Michael Moore (born April 23, 1954) is an obese left-wing demagogue, ... of deceitful liberal propaganda in contemporary American political discourse.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 09:50:42 PM »
Aloha glort,

Very troubling video.  I guess China had the only realistic solution so far and they've moved back from that.

It's just a tad prejudicial.  Like the last part about earth day.  25 panels putting out 1200 watts?  really?  I'm not throwing my panels away.  They still save me thousands of dollars every year and I'm burdened with the 250 watt cutting edge units of ten years ago.  Stiil; Five would put out as much energy as their array would according to the film. 

I did learn that biomass just isn't what I thought it was.  Burning wood only works well where there's a couple of people every few miles.

Perhaps dying in bed in the next couple of decades isn't so bad after all or not as bad as an orangutan death somewhere.

I would like all videos to have a visual date stamp in the lower right corner.

Snowman18:  I realize selective and willful ignorance are an important part of the foundation for fundamentalist thinking but I think this film just might fit your profile.  Al Gore is not a hero in this film.  Corporate Capitalism is not the light to sustainable life on Earth. 

Maybe Soylent Green isn't as crazy as it looks.  I see mass sterilizations in the human race future.

What's your take glort?  (Play nice and more people will try to read your encyclopedic contribution.)
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 02:33:48 AM »
Aloha glort,

Very troubling video.  I guess China had the only realistic solution so far and they've moved back from that.

It's just a tad prejudicial.  Like the last part about earth day.  25 panels putting out 1200 watts?  really?  I'm not throwing my panels away.  They still save me thousands of dollars every year and I'm burdened with the 250 watt cutting edge units of ten years ago.  Stiil; Five would put out as much energy as their array would according to the film. 

I did learn that biomass just isn't what I thought it was.  Burning wood only works well where there's a couple of people every few miles.

Perhaps dying in bed in the next couple of decades isn't so bad after all or not as bad as an orangutan death somewhere.

I would like all videos to have a visual date stamp in the lower right corner.

Snowman18:  I realize selective and willful ignorance are an important part of the foundation for fundamentalist thinking but I think this film just might fit your profile.  Al Gore is not a hero in this film.  Corporate Capitalism is not the light to sustainable life on Earth. 

Maybe Soylent Green isn't as crazy as it looks.  I see mass sterilizations in the human race future.

What's your take glort?  (Play nice and more people will try to read your encyclopedic contribution.)

LowGear your a lucky man because you can do something I can't do, you can kiss my ass and I can't.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 09:01:23 AM »
I'll pass.

Michael Moore (born April 23, 1954) is an obese left-wing demagogue, ... of deceitful liberal propaganda in contemporary American political discourse.

I don't know of his work but from what I read he was a green leftie.
In this film the main Character, I believe the director, examines doubts he had in his mind over the legitimacy of his beliefs and gets to the truth which proves all the Unreliable green agenda is far from what it seems.

It's far from a Leftie green virtue signalling exercise, quite the opposite. 
I put the link on another forum and the typical suspects have predictably berated it with weak and purile comments.  One a couple of people raised was to lambast Moore because he didn't come up with any ideas himself as to how to fix the problems.

As I pointed out, his job is a film producer, not a scientist or engineer in energy production.  No one questions the news Media if they haven't caught the person responsible for the murder they reported on so why should these guys have to solve the energy crisis to be given any credibility?

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:44 PM »
Snowman 18:  Ooooooooooooohhhh.  How many times have you tried?  Great morning laugh.  Thanks.  You've convinced me to review my life views.  Lighten up. 

I watch a lot more stuff from libratards than world saving right wingers.  I'm as guilty as anyone in the club.  Turn us upside down and we become more alike and it makes the intimate relationships much easier as well.  I watched Mark Levin on Fox last night "So There, you big bully?".

See.  You've got me talking ruffy-tuffy so it's your fault.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2020, 11:30:36 PM »

As par for the course, the greenwashed and libtards are wanting to ban something that does not fit with the narrative of their Cult:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko8aXUm5DfU

The lefties have jumped onto the " They didn't offer a solution to the problem " Bs excuse to denounce the Film.

I have seen Docos on the Ewaste problem in different countries and they didn't offer a solution to that problem but I didn't hear anyone Pissing and moaning the film was not creditable because of that.

I have watched a Number of Docos on ship breaking in Bangalore and the Pollution, terrible working conditions and poverty in the area but I never saw a solution to those problems offered in the Docos and I never saw anyone complaining about the film because it didn't.

Whining this film didn't offer any solutions to the problem is just trying to detract from the very real problems and expose' of the whole BS of unreliable energy it shows. Calling  for it to be banned is typical and a predictable stunt of the Green bedwetters.
From what the film showed, those wanting it banned are far more likely to be the big biz operations profiting out of the RE industry and those on the pay roll rather than people genuinely concerned for the planet. Might be another reason they are so against it, don't want that part of the Ruse made known either.

Amusingly, on other forums where I posted links to this film I was accused of being a Hypocrite because of the amount of solar I have and spoken about.  As I pointed out, I do it to save money on bills for my grid usage. I have never said the whole Grid should be run off it because a house saving money on their power bill and trying to run the whole world off unreliables is about as far apart as you can get.  I have always said the cheapest power is grid power and that battery's were not economical and those installing them to save money were kidding themselves. I run veg oil in my vehicle and engines too but right from the start 19 years ago, I was saying it's OK for a few nutters to do it on waste, but the idea as was  pushed so hard once of saving the world with everyone using it, was complete and utter stupidity.

The FACT of the matter Right now is there are no other solutions than what we are already using.
Yes, I know, there is going to be this and there is going to be that and a lot of these things have gone nowhere in 20 or more years which tells you something and they won't in the next 20 -50 years either.

The best we can do atm is stick with what we have and not Piss resources up the wall on stupidity ( Pumped Hydro is the green pet here atm) that we can plainly see has huge flaws in before they are even started. Just because Gubbermints want to virtue signal and Big biz wants in on the Gubbermint Billions to construct these flawed endeavours is not a reason to make things worse under the guise of making them better with stupidity that is destined to failure from the start. 

The facts in the link above with regards to land use, resources and energy CONSUMED  by Re is very telling and another fact the unreliable pushers never admit and try hard to hide.