Puppeteer

Author Topic: Help with Mindong single phase synchronous generator  (Read 234 times)

vdubnut62

• View Profile
Help with Mindong single phase synchronous generator
« on: March 15, 2024, 02:33:06 PM »
Hello fellow genheads! 
  Well,  what else that is not degoratory do you want to be called?
Anyway I am the (proud?) owner of a Mindong single phase syncronous generator 8kw with an s1100 engine. From what I have seen so far it looks to be pretty low hours.
This thing is circa 1999 or so and it is brushless.
  So... does anyone have a manual or even a link to one for this thing? I am pretty much flying blind here. The guy that I bought it from said he would "probably" find the manual and he would mail it to me, but I am not holding my breath.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

old seagull man

• View Profile
Re: Help with Mindong single phase synchronous generator
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2024, 08:52:59 AM »
Engine or Gen head manual? or both.

An ST Gen head manual would probably cover the generator, or give you enough information to muddle through.

ST1100 manuals on the net. direct and indirect injection types.

might even find a parts manual.

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2024, 02:00:02 PM »
Good find.. Wish I could find one. I know they are out there.. Here are a couple of S1115 engine manuals. Close to what you have. Bore diameter is the biggest difference I think?  But I have not found a specific Engine/generator manual for your setup.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 02:01:55 PM by keith71 »
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 03:47:57 AM »
Thanks guys, I should have been clearer, genhead is what I know nothing about. I have 3  1100 engines and 1 1115.
The generator does look like an ST head ( I have 3 of those), but the similarity ends when I take the rear cover off. It is totally different.
Ron.
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

keith71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2024, 10:07:21 AM »
With all the reading I have done here, BruceM would be the guy to ask info and possibly a manual on these gen heads. Hopefully he will see your post.
12/2 Field Marshall
Jiangdong R170.