« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2020, 10:11:04 PM »
Looks like Sarah Palin to me

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: C-19
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2020, 11:13:56 PM »
What Fox news misses our girl Sarah will reveal to us no matter the personal cost (million or multi-million dollar book deals not included).

I once had six beers in the morning and felt much better the next day.  I'm cured.  I'm cured.  I'm cured!  Double blind randomized tests are for whips and little people that lack faith in their ideas. 

We're down to five active cases on the Big Island.  No one has gone to the hospital yet for Covid 19 but there have been three deaths on the other islands.

Boris, it would seem, isn't doing so well.  I hope your medical team gets it turned around. 

You know; I'm not going to Costco today or tomorrow.  Even isolated here on an island it's still pretty scary.  And poor Prince Charles.  Yikes, he's 4 years younger than I am.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 11:17:15 PM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2020, 01:36:23 AM »
It all ties in to current events.

Liz Crokin Claims Celebrities Are Getting Coronavirus From Tainted ‘Adrenochrome Supply’
https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/liz-crokin-claims-celebrities-are-getting-coronavirus-from-tainted-adrenochrome-supply/

The harvesting of an adrenal gland from a live victim to obtain adrenochrome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrenochrome

Process for preparing adrenochrome  - Patent.
https://patents.google.com/patent/US4501923A/en

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/25xfjw/why_does_the_vatican_have_a_giant_sculpture_of_an/

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 01:53:41 AM »
Just another conspiracy, right in yer face.

https://twitter.com/hashtag/frazzledrip?lang=en

The movie Cast Away, remember Wilson
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 01:56:12 AM by snowman18 »

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2020, 03:59:04 AM »
According to this guy, Boris does not make it.

https://twitter.com/ROYALMRBADNEWS/status/1247336860650700800

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2020, 04:13:47 AM »

guest23837

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2020, 07:57:07 AM »

Anti malaria treatments work on malaria lupus treatments work on lupus.

That statement as well as the sentient behind it, is patently and demonstrably incorrect and ignorant.

MANY drugs have MULTIPLE uses and applications.  In the cited case of Lupus, Have a look at that it is treated with:

https://www.womenshealth.gov/lupus/lupus-diagnosis-and-treatment

One of them is the antimalarial drug you espouse is only for Malaria. Most of the others cited are demonstrated to be used for other things.
On the list, seems few or any of the treatments are actually specificaly for lupus, they are for other conditions and work with lupus as well.

None of these treatments have been clinically tested, blind tested and peer reviewed.

How exactly do you expect that to happen in the time frame we have had the China flu sweeping the world? Testing takes time, Time a lot of people don't have.
As for the testing and approval of drugs, yeah.  I have been given shit, and that's' exactly what it was, shit, on multiple occasions for my ailments that fked me up 6 ways to Sunday and only made me worse than I started out.   One of them, had I taken the Correct dose and not 5 Times less than prescribed, WOULD have Killed me no 2 ways about it. Knocked the shit out of me  for days as it was. But it was tested and approved for the condition I had.
And NO, taking less was NOT the problem, taking less means I'm here upsetting you all now.

Believing in drug testing and that this makes them safe and effective is like believing the Main stream Media is truthful and honest.

If I get this china Virus,  I'm Fked. End of story.
Given that is the case from the outset, what's to loose if they do give me something that's not peer reviewed and the drug co hasn't had time to buy off medicos and get and approval pushed through so they can start making Billions out of it? I'll take my chances seeing I have none left anyway and maybe, just maybe, there is something in it that will help. Exactly what would I have to loose? 

Of course if it does pull me through there will be those that predictably carry on about it not being tested  and therefore I must have been going to get better on my own anyway.

In not being tested, it should also be remembered was well as not being proven to work, it's also not proven that it DOESN'T work so it's already in with a 50% chance of helping people.

Maybe you also believe in homeopathy? there's "cures" and treatments aplenty for Covid 19 from homeopaths in the UK. I looked into homeopathy once, literature said diluting things 1000 times with water increased their efficacy so I got 999 ml of water and added 1 ml  of Jim Beam whiskey. Turns out I had a litre of water. I tried it 5 times now I had over a gallon of water. Discredited nonsense before my experiment.

You really should Consider going for a walk and getting some Fresh air Paul.

No one is espousing Quackery of defying common sense or Physics.  All that is being suggested is that one drug may have benefits in treating  other conditions that there has been no time given the speed and severity of the emergency to test thoroughly. 
These are not new Drugs cooked up in a back shed ( although not tested and approved, no one is saying they don't work) they are long used medications that as above ARE used in a multiple treatments like so many other drugs out there.

In any case, what better way or time to test than right now?
At worst, they may do absoloutley Nothing at all but the patient believing they are helping might fight harder and have more motivation to pull Through.

I never underestimate the Human mind and what it can do well beyond explanation.  It can lead people to do things and achieve things there is no scientific explanation for. I have seen that with my own eyes with people that were given no chance but are Living very well now because they were Fked if they were going to die so they Didn't. I am Very good friends with a Young guy just like that.

OTOH, there are people that can believe in all sorts of Fairy tales and Bullshit and believe everything the Media they think is Infallible tells them and doomsday end of world Scenarios which they let totaly control their thoughts and position and turn them in zealots which they cherry pick facts to support there delusion.

How about you post some scientific research results instead of your opinions? Calling people ignorant because they don't follow "the world according to glort" says more than your long winded, badly punctuated and poorly informed diatribes ever could.

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2020, 08:52:23 AM »

Anti malaria treatments work on malaria lupus treatments work on lupus.

That statement as well as the sentient behind it, is patently and demonstrably incorrect and ignorant.

MANY drugs have MULTIPLE uses and applications.  In the cited case of Lupus, Have a look at that it is treated with:

https://www.womenshealth.gov/lupus/lupus-diagnosis-and-treatment

One of them is the antimalarial drug you espouse is only for Malaria. Most of the others cited are demonstrated to be used for other things.
On the list, seems few or any of the treatments are actually specificaly for lupus, they are for other conditions and work with lupus as well.

None of these treatments have been clinically tested, blind tested and peer reviewed.

How exactly do you expect that to happen in the time frame we have had the China flu sweeping the world? Testing takes time, Time a lot of people don't have.
As for the testing and approval of drugs, yeah.  I have been given shit, and that's' exactly what it was, shit, on multiple occasions for my ailments that fked me up 6 ways to Sunday and only made me worse than I started out.   One of them, had I taken the Correct dose and not 5 Times less than prescribed, WOULD have Killed me no 2 ways about it. Knocked the shit out of me  for days as it was. But it was tested and approved for the condition I had.
And NO, taking less was NOT the problem, taking less means I'm here upsetting you all now.

Believing in drug testing and that this makes them safe and effective is like believing the Main stream Media is truthful and honest.

If I get this china Virus,  I'm Fked. End of story.
Given that is the case from the outset, what's to loose if they do give me something that's not peer reviewed and the drug co hasn't had time to buy off medicos and get and approval pushed through so they can start making Billions out of it? I'll take my chances seeing I have none left anyway and maybe, just maybe, there is something in it that will help. Exactly what would I have to loose? 

Of course if it does pull me through there will be those that predictably carry on about it not being tested  and therefore I must have been going to get better on my own anyway.

In not being tested, it should also be remembered was well as not being proven to work, it's also not proven that it DOESN'T work so it's already in with a 50% chance of helping people.

Maybe you also believe in homeopathy? there's "cures" and treatments aplenty for Covid 19 from homeopaths in the UK. I looked into homeopathy once, literature said diluting things 1000 times with water increased their efficacy so I got 999 ml of water and added 1 ml  of Jim Beam whiskey. Turns out I had a litre of water. I tried it 5 times now I had over a gallon of water. Discredited nonsense before my experiment.

You really should Consider going for a walk and getting some Fresh air Paul.

No one is espousing Quackery of defying common sense or Physics.  All that is being suggested is that one drug may have benefits in treating  other conditions that there has been no time given the speed and severity of the emergency to test thoroughly. 
These are not new Drugs cooked up in a back shed ( although not tested and approved, no one is saying they don't work) they are long used medications that as above ARE used in a multiple treatments like so many other drugs out there.

In any case, what better way or time to test than right now?
At worst, they may do absoloutley Nothing at all but the patient believing they are helping might fight harder and have more motivation to pull Through.

I never underestimate the Human mind and what it can do well beyond explanation.  It can lead people to do things and achieve things there is no scientific explanation for. I have seen that with my own eyes with people that were given no chance but are Living very well now because they were Fked if they were going to die so they Didn't. I am Very good friends with a Young guy just like that.

OTOH, there are people that can believe in all sorts of Fairy tales and Bullshit and believe everything the Media they think is Infallible tells them and doomsday end of world Scenarios which they let totaly control their thoughts and position and turn them in zealots which they cherry pick facts to support there delusion.

How about you post some scientific research results instead of your opinions? Calling people ignorant because they don't follow "the world according to glort" says more than your long winded, badly punctuated and poorly informed diatribes ever could.

LA doctor seeing success with hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19
https://abc7.com/coronavirus-drug-covid-19-malaria-hydroxychloroquine/6079864/

Special Report: Doctors embrace drug touted by Trump for COVID-19, without hard evidence it works

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-usa-hydroxychloroq/special-report-doctors-embrace-drug-touted-by-trump-for-covid-19-without-hard-evidence-it-works-idUSKBN21O2VO

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2020, 08:59:32 AM »

Your head is so far up yer ass, its a wonder you can breath.

An orphan drug is a pharmaceutical agent developed to treat medical conditions which, because they are so rare, would not be profitable to produce without government assistance. The conditions are referred to as orphan diseases.

Ya think C-19 qualifies.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2020, 09:19:37 AM »
Is it just me?  Or does anyone else suspect that some of us are enjoying irony while others are failing to identify it?

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2020, 10:06:42 AM »
Dunno Mike, but my bullshite detector is swinging both ways.

If the guys want to waste pixels slinging crap at each other that's fine by me, what I don't understand is how anyone thinks that quoting a a quote that quotes a quote that's so long no one read it in the first instance is going to reinforce a point of view or a conspiracy that most of us couldn't give a bugger about anyway!

I'm sure there's a site or forum somewhere that would be appreciative, until you you find it, lads, carry on on here, I suspect most of the members on here are old and wise enough not to want to waste one of our few remaining fucks on this sort of drivel.......

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2020, 06:10:44 PM »
Hey glort,

Those numbers are very close to mine.  The page you showed doesn't subtract the out of isolation or "cured" people - about 18 which leaves about 5 active cases on the big island.  No deaths or hospitalization in Hawaii County - each island is a county.  And always throw in the third world math factor.

Oahu is a completely different animal with almost a million people there to our 186,000 and then you throw in their 186 sq miles to our 4,000.  Really different place.

Snowman18,

Do you actually believe all that stuff or are you just teasing us with the stuff Fox News thought was a bit too out there?

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2020, 06:21:09 PM »
Yes mikenash.  Yes.  And enjoying it.  I find this site and many of the threads to be a nice start to the morning.  And the snowman18 is right up there as far as the enlightenment factor goes.  I may not agree with many of his reveals but I appreciate his faith in his own views. 

Rant on, brothers.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2020, 08:57:02 PM »
Dunno Mike, but my bullshite detector is swinging both ways.

If the guys want to waste pixels slinging crap at each other that's fine by me, what I don't understand is how anyone thinks that quoting a a quote that quotes a quote that's so long no one read it in the first instance is going to reinforce a point of view or a conspiracy that most of us couldn't give a bugger about anyway!

I'm sure there's a site or forum somewhere that would be appreciative, until you you find it, lads, carry on on here, I suspect most of the members on here are old and wise enough not to want to waste one of our few remaining fucks on this sort of drivel.......

Cheers
Stef

Personally of course Stef idgaf
But I suspect it’s a phenomenon caused by lack of a sense of humour & covid-induced Time-onthe-Hands sydrome. A very common one atm

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2020, 09:00:28 PM »
Here's a copy of the 4-7-20 Health Department Notice:

"This is a Civil Defense message.

This is a Coronavirus informational update for Tuesday morning, April 7th.

On the COVID-19 status, the total number of people tested positive for Hawaii Island is 26.  From this, 21 have recovered and cleared by the Department of Health.  The 5 who remains active are quarantined at home and monitored by the Department of Health.  At this date for Hawaii no one had to be hospitalized because of infection by the virus.

You are asked to do your share to prevent of the COVID-19 virus.  Heed the policies of ‘Stay at Home’, social distancing, gatherings and cleanliness.  And for now just say ‘hi’.  To all, practice everyday measures of prevention and keep yourself physically and emotionally healthy.  Do stay connected with your Kupunas, especially at these difficult times.

Thank you very much for listening and look for the full moon tonight, the biggest and brightest of the year.   

This is your Hawaii County Civil Defense."

I just might see Costco Thursday morning.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator