Puppeteer

Author Topic: C-19  (Read 2733 times)

broncodriver99

• View Profile
Re: C-19
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2020, 08:45:44 AM »
Is that load of bollocks some conspiracy nonsense?

Sure sounds like it to me. Then again I have been drinking Jameson all night. Not that that has anything to do with anything. I still think you are correct.

guest23837

« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2020, 08:52:40 AM »
broncodriver99 I much prefer the corn whiskey your country produces to Jamieson I think it would take the paint off a gate!

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2020, 09:21:46 AM »
People power Mike the thing most politicians fear. 40% of Irish people don't vote politicians love that. If the people decide that they want some particular direction for the country then that's what has to happen. I don't know where you live or how things are there but Ireland is a wealthy enough country with full employment until recently. People with reasonable jobs sleeping in cars because there are no places to rent or buy. 50 kids in a classroom lousy roads everything you want to buy costs way more here than anywhere else in Europe and the politicians keep referring to their God the markets. Their god seems to have feet and legs of clay. People aren't totally stupid (I hope)

John, you could be talking about New Zealand - which is where I live.  Very similar in many ways - even culturally up until recently; these days kinda Irish with Polynesian influences lol

People SAY they're not happy with things but getting them to vote for change is hard - especially when there are a few options offering change - which makes it easy for vested-interest big parties to do divide-and-rule

Our Prime Minister Jacinda Adern has done great stuff (imho) with the Covid, and she has become something of a player on the World Stage in a small way.  Last election she had a coalition with the Greens and a Centrist party,  This time we might even get a majority Labour government and, if there was public will, substantial changes could be put in place?

My fear is that the great unwashed, as soon as this shit is lifted, will flock to the Warehouse and the pub, breathe a collective sigh of relief and go back to buying plastic consumer crap, watching the Telly and drinking beer

Makes me sound like a goddamn snob - sorry

guest23837

« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2020, 12:43:22 PM »
Mike maybe both of our countries will emerge better places after this. Both being Island economies we import container loads of rubbish every day. This virus is killing people the lack of disposable plastic crap isn't having much effect. People can learn to live without constant consumption. People are doing stuff they haven't being doing in this country for years, interacting with family and helping each other more.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2020, 06:21:29 PM »
I don't think the flat earthers will make much headway as a result of this temporary inconvenience but there will be changes for sure.  The British courts were loading the New World with indentured servants right up to the US revolutionary war.  The plague has over a 50% death rate when untreated.  That's at least 50 times greater than this scary inconvenience we're going through now. 

Is Australia better off or not now that the government doesn't require 50% of replacement parts on autos be manufactured in Australia?  I think we'll see some seeds similar to this happen in countries that actually hear the wake up call.

Have you noticed the air quality pictures.  At least we know have good evidence that bad air is our work and not a natural cycle caused by a wobbly planet or star.  Don't we?

Wow snowman18.  I didn't realize what an old stick in the mud conservative I am until I read your eye popping post.  Thanks.  I'll be sending them to a couple of friends that call me libratardacaded. 
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2020, 08:37:23 PM »
Jaysus!  Is that libratardacation contagious?

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2020, 04:06:12 AM »
I don't think the flat earthers will make much headway as a result of this temporary inconvenience but there will be changes for sure.  The British courts were loading the New World with indentured servants right up to the US revolutionary war.  The plague has over a 50% death rate when untreated.  That's at least 50 times greater than this scary inconvenience we're going through now. 

Is Australia better off or not now that the government doesn't require 50% of replacement parts on autos be manufactured in Australia?  I think we'll see some seeds similar to this happen in countries that actually hear the wake up call.

Have you noticed the air quality pictures.  At least we know have good evidence that bad air is our work and not a natural cycle caused by a wobbly planet or star.  Don't we?

Wow snowman18.  I didn't realize what an old stick in the mud conservative I am until I read your eye popping post.  Thanks.  I'll be sending them to a couple of friends that call me libratardacaded.

Here's another you can forward, I don't necessarily believe it either.

News release 12 August 2019
INTEL: "Bridge Event" in UK . . . Royal Funeral Allegedly Imminent

https://halturnerradioshow.com/index.php/en/news-page/world/intel-bridge-event-in-uk-royal-funeral-allegedly-imminent

Operation London Bridge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_London_Bridge

guest23837

« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2020, 08:10:59 AM »
Snowman you're quoting a far right conspiracy theory and hate speech site for "news".  If you want to quote news sites how about starting with the NY Times, BBC, Washington Post, Reuters, CNN, Associated press etc. Cross reference a story, if 2 or 3 of the big wire services are carrying a story its likely true. The BBC is gold standard for news.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2020, 08:32:26 AM »
Gotta love conspiracy theorists and tinfoil-hat wearers.  "Time on their Hands" syndrome in action lol

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2020, 09:13:37 AM »

If you want to quote news sites how about starting with the NY Times, BBC, Washington Post, Reuters, CNN, Associated press etc.

This is sarcasm right?

The BBC is gold standard for news.

Now I know you are taking the piss.

Big time!  ;D

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2020, 10:09:06 AM »
 ::)  "Watching with Interest"   ::)

guest23837

« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2020, 10:30:14 AM »

If you want to quote news sites how about starting with the NY Times, BBC, Washington Post, Reuters, CNN, Associated press etc.

This is sarcasm right?

The BBC is gold standard for news.

Now I know you are taking the piss.

Big time!  ;D

Glort. You may find it difficult to find a new service that caters for paranoiacs who skirt around the margins of society carrying a massive chip on their shoulder, bewailing their lack of utter respect from others  whilst constantly talking bollocks. You may also know of a liquid useful for making coffee and tea that's superior to water but the consensus is against you on that too. The BBC is the standard for many reasons the main one for me is no advertising. In some ways you remind me of my brother who didn't speak to me for 9 years because I said to him "I did answer your fuc*ing stupid question I just didn't give you the answer you wanted"  I'm sure you have encountered similar treatment, deservedly so in my opinion.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2020, 10:57:08 AM »
 ::)  Continuing to Watch with Interest:   ::)

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2020, 02:13:31 PM »
Glort. You may find it difficult to find a new service that caters for paranoiacs who skirt around the margins of society carrying a massive chip on their shoulder, bewailing their lack of utter respect from others  whilst constantly talking bollocks. You may also know of a liquid useful for making coffee and tea that's superior to water but the consensus is against you on that too. The BBC is the standard for many reasons the main one for me is no advertising. In some ways you remind me of my brother who didn't speak to me for 9 years because I said to him "I did answer your fuc*ing stupid question I just didn't give you the answer you wanted"  I'm sure you have encountered similar treatment, deservedly so in my opinion.

These are trying times Paul.
Perhaps a walk around the yard and some fresh air will make you feel better or go out and give the Lister a fire up.
Playing with our Mechanical toys always makes things less stressful.

Sounds like you patched things up with your Brother which is Good.
My only brother was killed when he was 18. I was 21. Not a day goes by even 30 odd years later when I don't miss him and the nightmares are still all too frequent.
Life is too short for petty squabbles with family whom are irreplaceable.

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2020, 06:03:30 PM »
Snowman you're quoting a far right conspiracy theory and hate speech site for "news".  If you want to quote news sites how about starting with the NY Times, BBC, Washington Post, Reuters, CNN, Associated press etc. Cross reference a story, if 2 or 3 of the big wire services are carrying a story its likely true. The BBC is gold standard for news.

Explain these BBC resignations.

Resignations - Search for "bbc" (8 Results)
https://www.resignation.info/list?q=bbc

Resignations - Search for "australia" (436 Results)

https://www.resignation.info/list?q=australia

Resignations - Search for "new zealand " (10 Results)
https://www.resignation.info/list?q=new+zealand+

Resignations - Search for "usa" (6968 Results)
https://www.resignation.info/list?q=usa

« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 06:21:24 PM by snowman18 »