Author Topic: C-19  (Read 2731 times)

guest23837

Re: C-19
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2020, 05:50:11 PM »
I was talking to a guy today who told me straight faced, that the C19 virus was created in China as a form of population control. He also thinks that as they "created" the virus they have the cure/antidote/vaccine. Luckily for humanity he just sells lawnmower parts.
Thats a good story Mike a similar thing has happened in my local hospital in Navan they got loads of boxes of gloves donated. Also a local guy that breaks and restores tractors donated a load of masks and disposable boiler suits. People do pull together.
Thats very true about the phone batteries too it's madness to have to dump anything over a battery.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2020, 12:43:11 AM »

A very entertaining short vid summing up the current situation :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPGw5Ucmwk8

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2020, 03:41:50 PM »

I thought this one was quite funny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPlR9n_6uas
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2020, 01:18:08 AM »
Hey Veggie,

Two thumbs up from this house.

We're up to six on the big island, Hawaii.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2020, 03:55:32 AM »

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2020, 03:53:32 AM »
Well, Six minutes in and not quite half way there I knew who wrote it.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 31, 2020, 09:02:35 AM »
I did listen to the first couple of minutes, Casey

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 31, 2020, 10:46:30 AM »

Got to admit I am pretty worried about this. Been looking at some vids from qualified and experienced Doctors on this and whom the most suseptable are NOT to make it.
That's me.
My complications make my odds of getting though it even if there is all the care I need available... which there is a good chance there won't be. Then again, they say only the good die young so being the bastard I am, I should be here till I'm 150.

If my father gets it, no chance in hell he'll pull through it.  He has asthma and has had Pneumonia before and it kicks the shit out of him.  He also has recently Diagnosed heart problems. The local butchershop hospital for the region are less than useless at the best of times.  He lives in a place where there are more probably over '70s than 60 or anyone else.  Told me yesterday that there had been cases in his town and the next.  That's what they know of so far of course let alone whom it has and will be passed onto.
Only 3 people in the world I really give a shit about or can hurt me now and he's one of them.

Never thought I was going to see old age but might be over even quicker than I assumed.  Few years back I wouldn't have cared if I lived or died, in fact I stacked the odds against my self many times but nothing ever happened even though I well set it up to so I figured I was meant to stay around.
 Now, I'd like to go a bit longer although I know if that happens there will still be so much more heartache and pain in store as there has been my whole cursed life.

Might be time to have a talk to the daughter if things come to the worst and write some notes.  Maybe if I do that I won't need them bit if I don't.....

Still, my early demise wouldn't  exactly break everyone's heart.
Always figured with a history of cancer on both sides of the family, that would be how I'd go. Already got a list of scores I'm going to settle big time in my final weeks if that happens. 

Hope I don't get cheated out of that last bit of satisfaction and I do get through this.
Wife and daughter will be OK if they get it but if they do, it will be game over for me. 

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2020, 04:11:24 PM »
This is a wake up call for many people.  I think we're going to see some pretty significant changes in Western lifestyle people.  Facing mortality is just a first step.

Shall we put our little gracy cells together and see if we can predict those changes?

Less or more risk taking? "I could be dead from a virus in two weeks.  Yeah, give me that rock climbing gear."

"Money in the stock market?  It all just runs away when times get tough."

Conservation? 

Eating meat?

Will we move our manufacturing base back to this country? 

Political winners / losers?

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2020, 05:33:54 PM »
Hi Casey

You got the point fast!

Cheers, and stay safe.
VP
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!

guest23837

« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2020, 09:30:38 PM »
The virus moved from China to the west probably because of trade between them and most countries are finding it hard to cope. These countries have advanced medical systems. it will move on to Africa, the middle east and countries where there is poverty, refugee camps, corruption and superstition. They don't have a chance, Ireland is struggling now America is out of it's depth it would be devastating to an impoverished country.
Glort why not settle a few scores today or better still bury the hatchet. Takes balls to do both.....

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2020, 09:56:28 PM »
Glort why not settle a few scores today or better still bury the hatchet. Takes balls to do both.....

You aren't aware of the Magnitude of the scores I am talking about to settle. I'm not talking petty things here or anything I could ever just forgive and forget. The balls I have had to find and the things I have had to do to still be here are already well beyond what I ever imagined I was capable of. On one hand it has completely broken me, on the other there is nothing I can't do, particularly on the evil side.

While I am able to be here to look after my wife and daughter, I will continue to do so. When that no longer becomes a possibility, then I will indulge myself in some final satisfaction and finish my time knowing I did have the balls to right some wrongs done against us.

I fully agree with your assessment of the impact on poor countries.  Once this gets into places like India with their vast slum areas, the spread will be like wild fire and there will be no treatment available at all to those that catch it.  I don't know if it can be spread by contamination but Imagine if this gets in the Ganges river. Population numbers will take a hit.
Other parts of asia will also suffer as will the places you point out.

Many people seem to think this is a month or 2 thing. My thoughts are it's 6 Months +.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2020, 11:09:18 PM »
This is a wake up call for many people.  I think we're going to see some pretty significant changes in Western lifestyle people.  Facing mortality is just a first step.

Shall we put our little gracy cells together and see if we can predict those changes?

*  The end of Climate Change Hysteria.
People are going to be far more worried about keeping roofs over their heads and food on the table in the face of Mass unemployment and economic upheaval than to have the luxury or concern to be worrying about what happens in 10 or 50 years.  Their concern will be getting through the next 12 Months to 3 years. Lot of people that can't afford heating will be welcoming warmer weather!

* The end of political correctness.
When people are fighting over bog roll and tinned food,  No one is going to give a shit about hurting some precious little snow flakes feelings.  The whole world had had a massive dose of Concrete and is about to harden the Fk up.  Those that don't, no one is going to give a damn about any more.

* The end of green Politics and subsidies.
Already green Politicians have proved they have nothing to offer in the current situation and will all but if not totally disappear.
The hand outs and subsidies for " green" programs like tree planting and RE will also disappear. Gubbermints everywhere are all trying to borrow Billions and trillions which will have to be paid back or there will be an economic collapse.  Either way, funding for any crucial and non essential expenditure will cease especially that which was largely to pacify a concern that has now vanished from people giving a rats arse.
Get ready for more truly reliable coal fired power stations that are not subject to the vagrancies of the weather which was why windmills were moved away from in the 1800s. The green screams are going to fall on deaf ears now. People won't give a shit where the power comes from as long as the lights do stay on... which in many places is looking far from a sure thing now. 

* An end to the Leftist Do gooder ideals.
Immigration will be locked down in many places as they struggle to look after the people they have and rebuild economies. Most immigrants are more of a drain in the western world than they are an asset. Gubbermint numbers PROVE that no matter how much the now Defunct Lefties and bed wetters want to complain about it.  People will no longer give a damn about being accused of being racist. They will be too concerned with looking after their own welfare than making things harder by trying to look after blow ins.
There will be no room for all the lofty leftie ideals.  Their position was laughable in the old world. Now it's just not going to be viable at all in most cases.
The " Right's" of whining minority groups will go out the window. No one will give a dam if some whiny cup cake is offended for some fabricated reason.  There will be much bigger issues than to pander to these self centred attention seekers.

* A return to individual Independence and self sufficiency.
The majority here won't be seen as old fashioned, eccentric or whatever.  Those with DIY ability are going to be the ones that come though this best.  The inner city, professional protester latte sippers are going to have a REAL hard time as are a lot of professionals in corporate and admin fields. The ones with hands on skills, the tradies are going to become the very well off if not rich with more work than they can handle and the ability to charge what they like.... even more than before. Those whom Feign short attention spans as bullshit excuses for to dismiss ideal they can't argue sensibly about that don't agree with their own softcrock ideals might have to pull their heads out there collective arses and face the fact their days of getting away with being conceited arsewipes are at an end as well.
I also see a mass exodus from the cities to more rural to semi Rural areas where people do have the space and freedom to grow a garden and have the land to help provide for themselves.

* The younger generation just got the biggest kick in the teeth.
 The Teens to early 20's  just saw their previous lifestyle disappear.  No more jumping on planes for OS holidays twice a year . No more endless going out and good times. Times are going to be tough and they aren't going to forget them even when things settle down.  Wait till they see what real unemployment looks like.
Parents are going to be lucky to get kids out of home time they are 30. There will be no more of the Bullshit of taking days off work and not having to have a Dr's certificate and the unreliability of so many. The dead wood will be weeded out fast and all the unions and tribunals will have better things to do than protect the " Rights" of the bludgers.

* The age of disposable appliances and products is over.
People are going to be doing it tough and the consumerism of the past is going to take a big hit.  People will be wanting to save money and repair where they can not just toss out and go buy new  the minute something stops working. 

* Tesla is finished.
By their own admission, they are a luxury purchase and a significant one.
The average age of vehicles on the road will get older as people try to keep them going longer to get by with.  Even if they have a job and can afford new cars, economic uncertainty will curtail a lot of sales.
EV's just got set back 5-10 years and won't achieve near the numbers predicted. Uncertainty of power supply will also curtail a lot of sales.

* We will loose a lot of the older generation.
Once this is finished the most vulnerable will have taken a hard hit. A lot of experience and wisdom will be lost in the world.
Maybe older people will be revered more as in the past than seen by many as a burden.
As suggested elsewhere, this may hit some 3rd world countries hard enough to impact their population numbers.

* People will take the law more into their own hands.
It's likely crime will increase and law enforcement which was already near useless and ineffective in many parts will be over run.  Over crowed Jails will be bursting at the seams.  As frustration in the community grows and policing declines, a return to older days where both the community and the police took care of business on the spot will return.
There may be a return to moral standards where people who are dishonest, unreliable and self centred without concern for others don't get away with it as they did before and are called out for it.

* China's economy WILL take a big hit. The Commie party may fall.
As reliant as the world has become on them, there is already a very bad taste in the mouths of many in regards to china.
If the population get access to uncensored internet as groups are trying to do now, once the people see the outside world there will be an overthrow of the chinese Nazi party. 

* No Home in the civilised world will have less than 3 Months supply of Toilet paper on hand at all times and most people will aim for a minimum of 6 months reserve. 

One thing is for sure, we have now hit a point of before and after in the world and things from here, many no one can foresee atm, are going to be VERY different.

guest23837

« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2020, 12:28:33 AM »
I like this

guest23837

« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2020, 12:50:10 AM »

You aren't aware of the Magnitude of the scores I am talking about to settle. I'm not talking petty things here or anything I could ever just forgive and forget. The balls I have had to find and the things I have had to do to still be here are already well beyond what I ever imagined I was capable of. On one hand it has completely broken me, on the other there is nothing I can't do, particularly on the evil side.

While I am able to be here to look after my wife and daughter, I will continue to do so. When that no longer becomes a possibility, then I will indulge myself in some final satisfaction and finish my time knowing I did have the balls to right some wrongs done against us.

I fully agree with your assessment of the impact on poor countries.  Once this gets into places like India with their vast slum areas, the spread will be like wild fire and there will be no treatment available at all to those that catch it.  I don't know if it can be spread by contamination but Imagine if this gets in the Ganges river. Population numbers will take a hit.
Other parts of asia will also suffer as will the places you point out.

Many people seem to think this is a month or 2 thing. My thoughts are it's 6 Months +.

Ireland is in lock down by another name only allowed to go to the shop, pharmacy or for fuel. Try doing that in Mumbai! I agree with you Glort that many parts of the world could quickly be depopulated. There are many pointy headed blokes working on a vaccine it really has to be found soon it has to be effective and it has to be free. My hope is they can do it before it's too late, it's not a money issue it's a time issue.
I can imagine you Glort in your shorts and sandals body temperature at 40c and outside it's 45c. Your aching and your sight is blurred and you're staggering down a deserted road, driven by rage, with a shotgun, gnashing your teeth half blinded with sweat to extract revenge!
Back to the Chinese again and a proverb. "Water does not stick to the mountain, and vengeance does not stick to a big heart."
Poet, Robert Service "the thought came back of an ancient wrong and it stung like a frozen lash"