Puppeteer

Author Topic: C-19  (Read 3408 times)

guest23837

Re: C-19
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 03:47:31 PM »

I see there is a revolt against China starting. I have beennrelatively supportive of chinese products but not any more. If there is one country that will benifit from all this and increase their power to further manipulate the world it will be them.

The only way to stop it is not buy their products.
Not easy at all but I'll certainly be looking much harder for alternatives.

No one will ever convince me that Trump wasn't right all along to try and get US industry and manufacturing going again. Maybe now some of the bitching bedwetters will wake up to the value of that in every western country this plauge is fking over.

I hope there is some way to hold the chinese gubbermint accontable and exact  repatriations from the corrupt bastards that lied to the world if not engineered this whole thing in the first place.

One thing is for sure, the world will be different after this. All the leftie do gooders and their open borders, globalisation climate change bullshit will meet with a lot of disdain and won't be accepted as it was before. If things go downhill, once any civil unrest occours it will likley spread around the world and people fed up with yhe corruption and mismanagement of many gubbermints and the leftard bs wont be putting up with it any longer.

Where  are all the greenwashed that were still ramming the "climate emergency " crap down our throats are fortnight ago?  Is the emergency suddenly over or was the world suddenly shown what a real emergency andbthreat looks like?
Seems to me what we are seeing now is exactly what their zero emissions world would be.

A lot will stay the same if things dont get too bad but a lot will change too.
Unfortunately humans are really pathetic about learning from history and not making the same mistakes. Greed sees to a lot of that.

Its very hard to fathom the economic effects of all this.  Oz has a LOT of small biz and so many of them are going to be in severe strife especially seeing so many have been weakend to begin with.

This  isn't going to be over for a long time yet.

Funny, I am always superstitious with new decades and 5 years. Most of the bad things including the very worst things in my life have happened in a xxx0 or a xxx5 year.
People including professionals have told me its just co incidence but how many co incidences does it take to be considered significant and more than just bad luck??

I cannot fathom how not buying Chinese products will stop the virus. As for the climate well already the amount of smog and pollution is dropping mostly due to less people driving and factories closing.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 05:20:01 PM »
I don't know if glort found the table of resignations interesting but I did.  My little gray cells are screaming "Why - What's going on" and "How is this implicated in this thread"?

Carrying On:
     When all the water is so infiltrated by salt water that you can't sustain life other's lives may be at risk. 

Migration:
     None of us would be where we are if the first modern man had not migrated from central Africa.  Perhaps they were chased out by the loving generous and all wise conservative rulers of pre-historic Africa.  You know; the same kind of folks that are running them out of Africa now.  To be honest lads; I don't really give a shit!  It will be interesting to see the 20 year impact on the EU.  I'd also comment if you want to see the Europe that is in your school books you might start looking for an airlines now but don't put your money down until you're within 90 days of take off.

And now some news from the wimps:  https://www.plantbasednews.org/lifestyle/video-explains-origins-coronavirus-1-minute?utm_source=Plant+Based+News+Subscribers+Combined&utm_campaign=7dab0dd42f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_03_24_03_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5651a57357-7dab0dd42f-268780089&mc_cid=7dab0dd42f&mc_eid=4fdb93b6ba

In closing:  I went to Costco yesterday for their 8:00 AM "Open for Oldsters" program.  At 8:03 the line was three blocks long.  I went to Walmart, you know the China crap store, and it sucks compared to Costco.  We had a bumper crop of pumpkins this year.  I'm thinking I might just get pretty tired of pumpkin in April.

Aloha
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

guest23837

« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »
I went to Aldi store yesterday they are open 11-1 for seniors and vulnerable people. I went at 11.30 it was full of hipsters, millennials and yummy mummies. I said to one dickhead in his 20's "you know it's 11-1 for seniors"? He replied that he was shopping for his aged mother. I concluded his aged mother was an especially small incontinent alcoholic because his shopping trolley contained 48 cans of beer and a bag of disposable nappies.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2020, 05:21:39 AM »
And now some news from the wimps:

I certainly agree with the sentiment of that video.  The way Chinese treat animals and their health standards especially in those markets is beyond disgusting. Not a thing they won't eat.

My father and I often watch those airport customs shows. The ones we get are made in OZ and NZ.
Every single edition there is some chinese person/ couple turning up with 4 suitcases between them. One will have clothes ( or some clothes) and the other will have all sorts of foods which they NEVER mark down on their arrival card as having.  Some of the shit they bring in is unreal, often festering or decomposing.

My Father and I wonder what the hell is it with these people? Do they not think there is any fking food here or no other Asian people are here that eat their traditional foods and if they don't bring all the food they will need for their trip, they will starve to death?

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2020, 06:10:43 AM »

I cannot fathom how not buying Chinese products will stop the virus.

Not a matter of stopping the virus but a matter of stopping the Chinese gubbermint ruling the world and a matter of other countries  going back to being more independent and manufacturing their own products and giving their people job and building their own economies instead of endless building that of the Chinese.

As for the climate well already the amount of smog and pollution is dropping mostly due to less people driving and factories closing.

Yes, But is that " Sustainable" in civilisation in the long term? Already the world is facing very hard times and economic melt down.
As mentioned above there are lines for  food. You mention factories closing. That's fine for a while too till you can't get the things you need and have to go back multiple decades and do things all by hand or not be able to do them at all.
 I don't see that being able to go on.  Here they have said there are over 100K people put out of work and it could go high as a million.
Not against Clean air but is this the cost? How are these people going to feed themselves even if enough food is produced if they have no money? they can't be propped up forever especial when the Gubbermint itself is not getting near the income it was but expenditure just went nuts.

I spoke to my father this morning and his house keeper and her husband have both lost their regular Jobs.  They have a mortgage, vehicles and a child to pay for. They weren't greedy or over Commited by a long shot but take away long time incomes and things get real hard real quick. There are a 100K people like that right here right now just in this little country.  Multiply that out by the world in 6 Months and I think even the greenest zealot is going to have put  " the environment " a long way down the list.

What I'll REALLY be interested to see is how much the all singing, all dancing, all never ending hype of co2 levels actually drop by the time this is all over? Should Plummet if the green religion is correct.  With so little over all actually being man made, I expect it to drop by some tiny fraction of a percent.  The way greta and the other green obsessed carry on, it should drop by at least 50%.
No doubt what ever figures do come out will be exaggerated by the green side and spin doctored to be greater than they are again.

I do think that just -MAYBE-  some casualties of this may be the green gloom and doomers, The Lefties, The PC correct stupidity and the Mee too want everything given to them now attitude.  Lot of these people are going to get a BIG reality Check right in the face and their days of being self centred spoiled twats are over.

My daughter has as usual been looking at social media as has her friends and they all give me faith. They express hope for the future and seem to be appreciative that the situation isn't that bad and they still have jobs and homes.  They have all become useful people in society, manyof the blokes have become Tradies in their own businesses, One girl is on her way to becomeing a doctor, a bloke is doing law and they all have worked since leaving school and now started buying homes. Some to live in, some as investments. good choices either way.
One girl I did like because she seemed a particularly mature and caring girl has fallen prey to drugs.

The wider group tried to help her but when she continued to go down the wrong path with the wrong people, the distanced themselves very quickly.  It appears she is starting on the right road again the the group is starting to welcome her back.
Another young guy also got in with the wrong crowd for a while but seemed to have a moment of clarity at one point, signed himself up to the navy and has been in Submarines of all things for a while and appears to have his life well under control.
One has had an " Accidental " pregnancy but was in a long term relationship anyway rather than not having a clue whom the father was or only have met him once.  They were already living in their own home and at mid twenties, isn't a teenage pregnancy.

They are all laughing at the precious little snowflakes, many of them older than they are, that are complaining online about not being able to get their nails and hair dons and all the night clubs being closed and what can they do to entertain themselves? Some of the comments to them my daughter has shown me from her friends reflect they have been brought up to appreciate things and the parents and Grand parents have not let them grow up thinking things were also all fun and games. Unfortunately the ones they are laughing at missed out on this part of their growing up life skills in humility.

I also see many of my daughters friend are welcning the slow down and putting the increased spare time to use improving themselves. Some have spoken about reading classic literature , some are wanting to learn new skills, some are helping their parents.  One guy is going to work with his dad, not for the money but to help him and learn new things as well.  This has come at a good time when they are mature enough to learn and appreciate but young enough to be flexible and dig in during hard times.

They may be able to pass on the same to their kids memorys of when things got a lot harder in their lives too.

There are memes going round that maybe the world needed a break and a reality check. I tend to agree. With all the PC Bullshit and people endlessly trying to fabricate reasons to have duly elected leaders removed when they have done nothing wrong because  -they - don't like them and all the rest of the bullshit HAD to stop.  It may not stop, but it's sure been kicked back a long way I think and won't be tolerated like it left off.

My wife has long told me about some precious snowflakes she works with.  She has commented this week on the change in ther attitude and the ones that have tried carrying on have been swiftly and certainly put in their place by other staff that she thought didn't even have a voice and would put up with anything.

Then again, it's been a week full of self important morons coming in seemingly oblivious to what is going on outside their own self centred world and still wanting everything to suit them.  These are the twats that karma is going to kick in the arse hardest of all which will be fitting seeing they are also the most deserving. 

As one of my Daughters Friends posted somewhere:   We think we are hard done by not being able to go out with friends.  When my grandfather was my age he was going  out fighting on the front line of a war with his friends who were dying.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 06:52:43 AM »

" I won't even get into the well debunked sea level rising bullshit. "

Well, let me then

Glort I usually figure your half-educated, ill-informed, poorly-thought-through, mysogynist, racist, short-sighted, long-winded ramblings are kinda entertaining in a fact-free, grammer-free, content-free, accuracy-challenged way - so I usually just ignore them.  Never mind the fact they're too long to be worth reading anyway . . .

But.  That aside.  I have to point out that, while the man-made or otherwise content of global warming may be debatable, and the relatively short period of time over which this particular burst of warming has occurred may make it had to compare with previous warm/cold cycles - sea-level-rise is an evidence-rich, well-documented, scientifically-proven, univerally-accepted fact

Read my lips:  The fucking water is rising.  It's easy to measure.  Average annual rise last century was 1.4mm.  So far this century it's 3.6mm a year.  Any moron with a stick in the sand could figure it out.  You could probably shuffle down to the beach and nut it out yourself if you could muster an open mind

Just saying . . .

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 07:29:26 AM »

Glort I usually figure your half-educated, ill-informed, poorly-thought-through, mysogynist, racist, short-sighted, long-winded ramblings are kinda entertaining in a fact-free, grammer-free, content-free, accuracy-challenged way - so I usually just ignore them.  Never mind the fact they're too long to be worth reading anyway . . .

But you do read them anyway and obviously get sand in your Vagina over my comments and then can't contain your urge to reply with what you imagine is witty and clever repose in order to elevate your also imagined social standing with the other laughably like minded.   
This calls into significant question the intelligence and motivation of anyone who would hold an opinion such as that of someone else but then go on to not just read something they -supposedly- hold in such low opinion, but take time to reply to it.

I always laugh about those whom complain about others wrong doing/ lack of intelligence / whatever and then follow and get upset about it anyway especially when they are arguing for the biggest most laughable scam ever played on the whole world.   ::)
Geez I'd love to be around when this all does get actually proven and hear what Crap the useful idiots whom perpetuated all have to say.
No doubt more spin doctoring and lies.

Seeing you and your moral support  sidekick are such deep believers in all this Globull Warming hysteria, I have a great opportunity for you to buy the Sydney Harbour Bridge my great uncle left me at a Bargain basement price. It will make you a billionaire!  :laugh:

I have said many times in many places I'd like to see a register of the believers and disbelievers. You bet your entire financial worth, property etc  on your position  and when this is finally sorted one way or the other, everyone settles up. Too bad if you left everything to your Kiddies and they get thrown out on the street, the disciples of the green cult are always so cock sure and going on about their kids future, lets see them put their money where their mouths are.

I'm more than prepared to but yet to find any of the bedwetters that have the balls to back up their Hysterics.

Can't even find any of them prepared to back it up right now as they have all disappeared into hiding.

Carry on Mike, your holier than thou attitude is making you a legend in your own mind even if no one else's.  ;D

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 08:09:34 AM »
Actually, no.  I usually just skim the first paragraph and figure the rest is content-free

However.  Since this started off as Covid-19, I will make you a token wager.  I'm prepared to bet the value of a box of beer or some such that the death-per-head-of-population in Australia as a result of Covid-19 will be at least three times as bad as in NZ because your PM is a moron

And, I'm sorry, but the sea is still rising :)

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound
    • View Profile
Re: C-19 - more petrol to the fire
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2020, 08:47:28 AM »
To whom It May Concern

Beautiful ... low the level, but interest goes up ... a lot.

Stay safe all.
VP
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!

guest23837

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2020, 09:24:59 AM »
Or demand for new stuff made cheaply by people on crap wages is the reason why China got to its position as a manufacturing juggernaut. Who in the UK or America or any western style country will work in poor conditions for subsistence wages? Many western economies are based on "service" or value add economise they make very little because it's expensive to do so. Anyone that plays with Honda small engines knows that Chinese copy parts often cost less than the postage does for genuine parts.
If manufacturing is outsourced to China in their bizarre economic system only a very few get wealthy and the vast majority stay poor. It would take huge change in every country to change this. Starting with making things that can be repaired, removing built in obsolescence, and most of all reduce the desire of big western based companies to make more profit over and over selling the same things repeatedly to the same people. Razor blades I can understand but phones, televisions, cars furniture every blood thing has to be replaced or upgraded regularly and done on the cheap. We pay or have better quality long lasting stuff made locally.
The factories that are closed and the cars driving people to them were often making stuff that's not needed. That has really reduced emissions. Maybe this virus will act as a wake up call? We think we are in control but the control tenuous at best. Lifestyles have to change. Most of the people on this site seem to reuse recycle and restore stuff but it's all OLD stuff. We need to go back to that quality.
Anyone who thinks a politician has the answers is sadly mistaken.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2020, 05:09:48 PM »
Gosh, this is great.  All you lads pulling together, speaking softly of and to one another.  (No sticks on the internet for quasi-civilized folk.)  I didn't realize this thread was going to bring the best out of some of you.  Mr?  I'm the pillar of salt.  Pure, wholesome, wise and all that other stuff delusions are made from.

Obviously sane, well thought out positions and beliefs just aren't going to get us all on the same train of thought.  And I'm thinking being nasty isn't part of unification code either.  So what could the answer be?  Perhaps if we tone down our rhetoric and consider that most of these differences are just that.  Just differences.  I'm thinking most all of us keep pretty busy trying to make our and our family of friends and relatives comfortable and safe.  That most of us are frustrated by awkward and "stupid" behavior and talk but can't accept that there always has and will be people that just aren't onboard.  I'm trying to get over it.  It's really hard. 

Would a couple of you try to join me in just laughing about how mistaken our friends and neighbors are.  I'm not asking you to accept or believe their misguided fumbles at wisdom but rather to just smile and realize there is more than one that might think the same about you. 

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2020, 05:20:39 PM »
Glort, glort, glort.

Need I confess again that I don't read all of the sentences in the many paragraphs of your unique posts.  I joke about my slow progress at dementia and lifelong reading skills but truth be told your just too pure for me sometimes.  I do admire your letting the laundry hang out there in the front yard but sometimes it's even more redundant than my greeny tree hugging idealistic rubbish.

Most of the great thinkers are remembered for their concise truths rather than their long winded often unread diarrhetic conglomerations.  Preach on brother!
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

guest23837

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2020, 09:41:14 PM »
On some forums you can ignore people and their posts dont show when you are on the site.....A possibility! After all the Luddites had their wasted day in the sun

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2020, 07:55:15 AM »
Or demand for new stuff made cheaply by people on crap wages is the reason why China got to its position as a manufacturing juggernaut. Who in the UK or America or any western style country will work in poor conditions for subsistence wages? Many western economies are based on "service" or value add economise they make very little because it's expensive to do so. Anyone that plays with Honda small engines knows that Chinese copy parts often cost less than the postage does for genuine parts.
If manufacturing is outsourced to China in their bizarre economic system only a very few get wealthy and the vast majority stay poor. It would take huge change in every country to change this. Starting with making things that can be repaired, removing built in obsolescence, and most of all reduce the desire of big western based companies to make more profit over and over selling the same things repeatedly to the same people. Razor blades I can understand but phones, televisions, cars furniture every blood thing has to be replaced or upgraded regularly and done on the cheap. We pay or have better quality long lasting stuff made locally.
The factories that are closed and the cars driving people to them were often making stuff that's not needed. That has really reduced emissions. Maybe this virus will act as a wake up call? We think we are in control but the control tenuous at best. Lifestyles have to change. Most of the people on this site seem to reuse recycle and restore stuff but it's all OLD stuff. We need to go back to that quality.
Anyone who thinks a politician has the answers is sadly mistaken.

There have been legal arguments, I believe, in America, which have forced car manufacturers (kicking & screaming) to allow vehicles to be serviced by their owners rather than obliging owners to take them to the dealer?  Also, I think, legislation around making some classes of appliances "repairable"

It used to be that you had to buy a $40 battery for your phone every couple years - now it's a new $1500 phone every couple years.  Perhaps folks are beginning to have "had enough"

When I first heard of the Chinese virus I briefly harboured a hope it would reduce the population of China to, say, three or four hundred?  Sure we'd have to pay more for our T-shirts, but we'd have to start making stuff for ourselves again.  I'd be OK paying $20 for a T-shirt instead of $3 if the extra $17 was going to supporting a manufacturing industry in NZ rather than one in which Kiwis are paid to clean the floors & toilets in Chinese-owned tourist hotels and are told to call it "progress" and "good"

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2020, 08:02:50 AM »

"  Would a couple of you try to join me in just laughing about how mistaken our friends and neighbors are.  I'm not asking you to accept or believe their misguided fumbles at wisdom but rather to just smile and realize there is more than one that might think the same about you."

Casey, you're a prince

Y'know, down here at the Bottom of the World we're short of plastic face-mask thingies for doctors & front-line medical staff.  Someone figured out you could just 3-D print 'em and put the template out on the net.  So this morning there are folks turning up at hospital doors with boxes of the things and just handing them over . . .

That's what I like