Author Topic: C-19  (Read 16895 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
C-19
« on: March 22, 2020, 04:45:44 PM »
How goes it?  (Hawaii slang.)

Wow!  Would you have believed all this a month ago?  When we get back to the new ground zero what are you going to change in your life?  Any prophecies about what the new ground zero holds for us?

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

dax021

• View Profile
Re: C-19
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 07:13:16 PM »
Pretty close to South African slang which would be "howzit" [how is it (going)?]

guest23837

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2020, 07:47:41 PM »
I tend to say "hows it hanging?" saying it to women meant I never got dates!

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 06:52:03 AM »
It will be interesting to see how it pans out here at the Bottom of the World in NZ . . .

We have lots of traffic with Asia and were a bit slow to close borders but are taking the drastic measure of effectively shutting the country down for a month and telling all "non-essential" industries to just shut up shop and citizens to stay home

It may be that our peak will be small-ish as a result and that this measure will allow our health system to cope rather than collapse?  That's the theory anyway

My own industry (water supplies to farmers, effectively) is lobbying to get labelled as "essential"

I guess time will tell on all fronts

I'm sure glad not to be an apartment-dweller in a big city with a couple of small kids - and my sympathies to any such  :(

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2020, 06:57:52 AM »
How goes it?  (Hawaii slang.)

Wow!  Would you have believed all this a month ago?  When we get back to the new ground zero what are you going to change in your life?  Any prophecies about what the new ground zero holds for us?

Much as I hate to predict it, Casey, I suspect most folks will get straight back onto the (often dumb & pointless) shit they have always done

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2020, 05:38:42 PM »
I stand corrected.  Howz-it? is the correct spelling and pronunciation guide.  It's not easy being a 5 star haole.

I'm sorry glort but the biggest struggle / challenge facing human activity in the long run is still climate change and ocean rise.  That's the 50 year problem.  Of course if something really serious comes along in the meantime it will steal our short sighted interest for the while but having water up to ankles while you take a much needed bathroom break will come back to the front of your needs and wants. 

(sarcasm alert)  If anything will help countries be more open and transparent it will be a racist response to China.  (straight talk alert)  If you remember dismissal and hiding the truth about the threat of C-19 was the track first adopted by Trump.  As a libratard I think this experience will bring home how interdependent we all are.  I also think there will be some tighter bridles put on the market to take care that the whole planet does not become so dependent on one area as we have been pushed into with China - greed is dangerous.  But mikenash is probably the most soothiest (as in soothsayer) of us all so far.  We're born, we shit, we die.  But change?  That takes effort.

We start testing this week on the big island.  Is it paradise or are we going to protect our tourist trade?  We're back down to three as of yesterday.  The population is about 185,000.

Happy Trails
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2020, 01:39:25 AM »

I'm sorry glort but the biggest struggle / challenge facing human activity in the long run is still climate change and ocean rise. 

Yeah well good luck with trying to sell that from now on. I think that barrow of manure just got a whole load harder to push up a much steeper hill.
I keep hearing about all the deaths Globull warming will cause but I'm yet to hear ONE Clear and reasonable explanation how all these people are actual going to die and what from? Then again, doesn't matter because the greenwashed and lefties have no sense or truth or honesty and will say anything at all to promote their agenda as has been proven and demonstrated endlessly.

The more sensational they get, the less they are believed. What are the saying now, End of the world by 2030? 
Might just be but not from Globull climate crap that's for sure.

The vocal green party here that was on the TV every night during the bushfires pointing the finger, whinging about not enough being done, calling fire fighters wife bashers and generally making themselves more despised even to previous supporters, have gone VERY quiet now. Not a peep out of them as there is nothing to blame in their agenda for this although they did have a run at it early on and got smacked down from all sides.

Being one trick ponys they have NOTHING to offer in this crisis and have no leadership, policy's or initiatives.  They are totally and utterly redundant and useless. They have already lost the majority of their following and sympathy over their pathetic accusations with the bush fires, the minute they stick their moronic heads up again they are going to get the lambasting they deserve.
They want to run the  country and save the world yet they display NO ability to lead or have a clue about anything.

Even the Highly left Biased opposition is taking charge of the states it runs and working with the ruling federal party to get shit done. They have even handed their decision making powers over to the gubbermint so they can get things done quicker and more effectively.  Not a fan of their ideals but full credit to them where it's due. They have made some tough and wise decisions for the right reasons. Some are saying they are a bit over board, I think they are 100% correct to do things early rather than late.  At least they are stepping up and doing what they can.

The green whingers.... well they are probably hiding under their inner city beds somewhere cowering in fear because no one has heard a peep from them nor have they offered anything in the way of solutions or guidance in weeks.

We start testing this week on the big island.  Is it paradise or are we going to protect our tourist trade?

Our Gubbermint was hell bent on protecting our tourist trade till it became clear even those in the industry were screaming to shut the airports and borders down.

We are supposed to have closed the borders but I can see on the airport arrivals board that the planes are still coming. Excuses have been made this is Aussies returning home or Cargo.  I'm pretty damn sure that the 4 planes From Kula lumpur that came into melbourne yesterday morning and another 2 into Sydney weren't  all Aussies coming home nor Cargo.  Not sure what's going on but something stinks. Also still planes coming from china and every where else. How this has escaped the media and everyone else's attention I don't know.
I have an app that tells you the arrivals for all the Oz airports and departures too.

Not exactly secret info or hard to find.

If anything will help countries be more open and transparent it will be a racist response to China.  (straight talk alert)  If you remember dismissal and hiding the truth about the threat of C-19 was the track first adopted by Trump.

Of Course!
Have to get Racism and Trump in there somewhere to blame don't we?  I mean racism is the Term for anything the leftards don't want to talk about.  Slap the racism label on it to make the other side feel guilty and stop talking about things that don't push the leftist Narrative.  You can set your watch by it.  The old adage of Aussies betting on which fly will take off from the fence first would now considered racist in the mind of the leftie whingers.

This is going to be another casualty of the post Woo hoo flu era. ( is that racist? I certainly hope so!)
The reality check is going to bring a lot of people back to earth with all this PC crap. When people in their thousands are dying, No one is going to give a shit what precious snowflake they offend  or be bothered choosing their words carefully. Not that some  ever gave a damn about hurting the feelings of the Fairy floss girly brigade anyway.

The Libtard lefties are now even sooking saying calling it the China flu is Racist. No, It's FACT no matter how much the bedwetters want to hide that. There is a YT vid showing all the same leftie news organisations calling it the China Corona Virus as late as last week.
Yep, do as we say not as we do.

We're back down to three as of yesterday.  The population is about 185,000.

Going exponential here every day.
Of Course they did just let 3000 people walk off a cruise ship last week and have now found about 30 of them have tested positive. How many  others they have passed this onto god knows.  That screw up alone could be responsible in the end for thousands catching this here.
How customs or health officials let this happen is beyond belief but typical gubbermint incompetence as happens everywhere.

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2020, 06:51:22 AM »
We have just passed the 400 infections mark, no deaths as yet, and are going into lockdown from midnight on Thursday.  This will last for 21 days and only essential services will be operating.  People will only be allowed to leave their houses to seek medical help, buy food, draw cash and other emergencies.  Not looking forward to it.  There is going to be an ungodly rush on the supermarkets and fuel stations in the next 2 days.  Luckily, I am rural and self sufficient with water and power.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 03:21:55 AM »
Hmmmmm; How do people die from ocean rising?  When the land mass reduces by 10 or 15% and the hordes of people come onto your world cause their's is gone people are going to die.  When people come onto your world knowing that your unsustainable life style is what accelerated it people are going to die.  You might think we have a population problem now.

But this is all rhetoric.  We need this pandemic to get controlled by May 1st because I want to jump on an airliner, burn about 55 gallons of petroleum based fuel on my way back to Seattle to catch up on business.  Let's get serious here. 

Besides I just stuffed myself on salmon and am nodding off so goodbye.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 03:44:24 PM »
glort you might find this interesting. https://www.resignation.info/list?q=Australia+

guest23837

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 03:47:31 PM »

I see there is a revolt against China starting. I have beennrelatively supportive of chinese products but not any more. If there is one country that will benifit from all this and increase their power to further manipulate the world it will be them.

The only way to stop it is not buy their products.
Not easy at all but I'll certainly be looking much harder for alternatives.

No one will ever convince me that Trump wasn't right all along to try and get US industry and manufacturing going again. Maybe now some of the bitching bedwetters will wake up to the value of that in every western country this plauge is fking over.

I hope there is some way to hold the chinese gubbermint accontable and exact  repatriations from the corrupt bastards that lied to the world if not engineered this whole thing in the first place.

One thing is for sure, the world will be different after this. All the leftie do gooders and their open borders, globalisation climate change bullshit will meet with a lot of disdain and won't be accepted as it was before. If things go downhill, once any civil unrest occours it will likley spread around the world and people fed up with yhe corruption and mismanagement of many gubbermints and the leftard bs wont be putting up with it any longer.

Where  are all the greenwashed that were still ramming the "climate emergency " crap down our throats are fortnight ago?  Is the emergency suddenly over or was the world suddenly shown what a real emergency andbthreat looks like?
Seems to me what we are seeing now is exactly what their zero emissions world would be.

A lot will stay the same if things dont get too bad but a lot will change too.
Unfortunately humans are really pathetic about learning from history and not making the same mistakes. Greed sees to a lot of that.

Its very hard to fathom the economic effects of all this.  Oz has a LOT of small biz and so many of them are going to be in severe strife especially seeing so many have been weakend to begin with.

This  isn't going to be over for a long time yet.

Funny, I am always superstitious with new decades and 5 years. Most of the bad things including the very worst things in my life have happened in a xxx0 or a xxx5 year.
People including professionals have told me its just co incidence but how many co incidences does it take to be considered significant and more than just bad luck??

I cannot fathom how not buying Chinese products will stop the virus. As for the climate well already the amount of smog and pollution is dropping mostly due to less people driving and factories closing.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 05:20:01 PM »
I don't know if glort found the table of resignations interesting but I did.  My little gray cells are screaming "Why - What's going on" and "How is this implicated in this thread"?

Carrying On:
     When all the water is so infiltrated by salt water that you can't sustain life other's lives may be at risk. 

Migration:
     None of us would be where we are if the first modern man had not migrated from central Africa.  Perhaps they were chased out by the loving generous and all wise conservative rulers of pre-historic Africa.  You know; the same kind of folks that are running them out of Africa now.  To be honest lads; I don't really give a shit!  It will be interesting to see the 20 year impact on the EU.  I'd also comment if you want to see the Europe that is in your school books you might start looking for an airlines now but don't put your money down until you're within 90 days of take off.

And now some news from the wimps:  https://www.plantbasednews.org/lifestyle/video-explains-origins-coronavirus-1-minute?utm_source=Plant+Based+News+Subscribers+Combined&utm_campaign=7dab0dd42f-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2020_03_24_03_51&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_5651a57357-7dab0dd42f-268780089&mc_cid=7dab0dd42f&mc_eid=4fdb93b6ba

In closing:  I went to Costco yesterday for their 8:00 AM "Open for Oldsters" program.  At 8:03 the line was three blocks long.  I went to Walmart, you know the China crap store, and it sucks compared to Costco.  We had a bumper crop of pumpkins this year.  I'm thinking I might just get pretty tired of pumpkin in April.

Aloha
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

guest23837

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 05:40:23 PM »
I went to Aldi store yesterday they are open 11-1 for seniors and vulnerable people. I went at 11.30 it was full of hipsters, millennials and yummy mummies. I said to one dickhead in his 20's "you know it's 11-1 for seniors"? He replied that he was shopping for his aged mother. I concluded his aged mother was an especially small incontinent alcoholic because his shopping trolley contained 48 cans of beer and a bag of disposable nappies.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 06:52:43 AM »

" I won't even get into the well debunked sea level rising bullshit. "

Well, let me then

Glort I usually figure your half-educated, ill-informed, poorly-thought-through, mysogynist, racist, short-sighted, long-winded ramblings are kinda entertaining in a fact-free, grammer-free, content-free, accuracy-challenged way - so I usually just ignore them.  Never mind the fact they're too long to be worth reading anyway . . .

But.  That aside.  I have to point out that, while the man-made or otherwise content of global warming may be debatable, and the relatively short period of time over which this particular burst of warming has occurred may make it had to compare with previous warm/cold cycles - sea-level-rise is an evidence-rich, well-documented, scientifically-proven, univerally-accepted fact

Read my lips:  The fucking water is rising.  It's easy to measure.  Average annual rise last century was 1.4mm.  So far this century it's 3.6mm a year.  Any moron with a stick in the sand could figure it out.  You could probably shuffle down to the beach and nut it out yourself if you could muster an open mind

Just saying . . .

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 08:09:34 AM »
Actually, no.  I usually just skim the first paragraph and figure the rest is content-free

However.  Since this started off as Covid-19, I will make you a token wager.  I'm prepared to bet the value of a box of beer or some such that the death-per-head-of-population in Australia as a result of Covid-19 will be at least three times as bad as in NZ because your PM is a moron

And, I'm sorry, but the sea is still rising :)