Author Topic: Hard working engines  (Read 396 times)

hwew

• View Profile
Hard working engines
« on: February 17, 2020, 12:38:43 AM »
Wow, they work the engines hard. I wonder how many hours the engines go before overhaul or re-power.

https://youtu.be/5_d-WWe5dhw

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: Hard working engines
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 06:43:38 AM »
And I wonder about the life of the drive belts, too

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 07:38:38 PM »

Yep. Have a look at this earlier post where we see Changfa's earning their reputation.
https://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=8640.0
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 01:15:42 AM »
I would like to see how they made a drive-line to deliver power to the rear axle, they did say it that it is a 4x4.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2020, 02:55:55 PM »

Amazing amount of work being done (and man/animal power being saved) by a single piston.
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 10:07:23 AM »

I think the gearing has a lot to do with the work they perform. It's all pretty slow paced. They probably are using 20-30 Hp engines as well.
My gut feeling is lack of oil changes is probably a lot harder on these engines than the work they are doing but I also think the operators complete and utter disregard for self preservation with the way they over load EVERYTHING is commensurate with their total absence of any kind of mechanical sympathy.

Just amazes me how every single vehicle of any type these people use is always loaded according to what they can possibly stack on and hang off it with no regard to weight, balance, braking or anything else I cowardly pay attention to towing a box trailer with a modern vehicle.
By the opposite token, I see all these typical safety rantings in the comments of these vids from safety brainwashed westerners ( although I do think there is a line where safety becomes a matter of survival or not) but I get the feeling that most of these things they probably don't have a problem with. I certainly cringe every time I see a vid of a an overloaded truck leaning precariously and a couple of blokes on the leeward side trying to push on it to stop what looks like 10 Tons toppling over on them.

The western mentality these days is getting to the point where a person is belittled if they aren't wearing safety Glasses and gloves at very least when clipping their toenails.

This guy does a lot with 6 HP engines:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z12gbY3nTm0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fmGc415GCU

Thinking of doing something similar myself. Would be fun to just remove the engine from something like a Subaru and give it a transplant. If  one with a Hi/ Low range box was acquired, the engine gearing to the gearbox could be quite Mild.  They run very low in low range anyway.
A proper 4 WD in low range could use a Brush cutter motor and still pull well!

Teaching my Kids to Drive in my Nissan patrol had it's advantages. In 1st low range, you could have the thing idling, pop the clutch and it still wouldn't stall. A neck brace was a good Idea, I'm sure my Daughter was able to Kangaroo hop all 4 wheels off a flat road,  but it was good for those very first teaching stages.

Also saw somewhere someone double stacked Gearboxes. Great pulling power in low gears and very fast with both in over drive. :0)

Looking at those asian designs, They all seem to use belts with a tensioner for a clutch.  The other guys use centrifugal clutches but they are hard to get in anything over 15 HP range I have seen.  My 21HP Mower has 2 B section belts and they seem to handle the power just fine although I do run the aramid types for longevity .

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2020, 04:27:52 PM »
That makes so much sense.  They abuse the machinery because they don't have the deep interfaith relationship with metal objects that demands restraint and cultural forgiveness. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DedScN58ekg     I think I got to the forth one.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2020, 11:34:07 PM »
That makes so much sense.  They abuse the machinery because they don't have the deep interfaith relationship with metal objects that demands restraint and cultural forgiveness. 

For those of us that aren't Multi Lingual, Could you translate that to English for us please Casey or was that just another test to make sure your internet connection is Functioning correctly?

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 07:24:57 AM »

I think I got to the forth one.

[/quote]

"air bags good"