How to / DIY > Engines

Lr2 won't stop when stop pressed

(1/2) > >>

Its FRIDAY:
Hi i have a canal boat with a Lr2 engine that won't turn off. When the engine is running i can't turn it off with the red stop button so i have to turn the engine off by opening the valves.
Keith

cobbadog:
G'Day Mate,
What does the red button suppose to do? Does it operate a solenoid? If so check that you have power going to the switch and then to the solenoid. On my SR2 I simply shut the fuel rack off where the cold start set up is.
If you are able can you post a picture of your fuel pump / rack and the solenoid if it exists? It sounds as if the solenoid if there or the switch (red button) is faulty.

AdeV:
Definitely an electrical gremlin... these engines require either the fuel to be turned off (the usual way) or the decompression lever operating (not ideal, but as you've discovered, works as a last resort).

It's possible that the switch operated stop operates both fuel rack and decompression via a solenoid + linkage (ala the CS 6/1 based Start-o-Matic), so the solenoid may not be in an obvious location.

Its FRIDAY:
Thanks for your replies. I haven't had the boat long and part of the instructions left with the boat is that if this happens there is a wire off both are attached on the button. One of wires on the button is attached to the negative rail so do you think the button breaks the circuit or makes the circuit therefore activating the solenoid.  I have attached a picture is that the solenoid
Hi i have a canal boat with a Lr2 engine that won't turn off. When the engine is running i can't turn it off with the red stop button so i have to turn the engine off by opening the valves.
Keith
[/quote]

Its FRIDAY:
Sorry for some reason the post won't let me post the image

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version