Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister Start-o-matic 2.5kw help to preserve its life  (Read 2804 times)

chrismac

• View Profile
Lister Start-o-matic 2.5kw help to preserve its life
« on: February 16, 2020, 05:50:46 PM »
I have a lister 2.5kw SOM, it been sitting for a while now and done very little, I give it a fire up now and again and have just routed the exhaust out the side of the garage,

I have this weekend been trying various mounting methods but it sits best on its wheels on the wooden frame I made, I have moved the control panel from the frame to the floor as it was vibrating a bit as it was also on anti vibration mounts,

I have after reading a few posts on here wonder if I should be doing anything the keep the old girl running for as many years from now as it has done up to now, some of the wiring could probable do with a tidy up, I thought I waould ask here before I go doing anuthing I should not.

Here is what I have
set up by chrismac2012, on Flickr

There is a wire bridging the earth and negative terminals should that be there, the metal conduit does not like this when its accidentally brushed against the positive terminal, but the generator should be in its final spot a while now so no big issue there.

Earth wire by chrismac2012, on Flickr

The inside is a bit dirty with one yellow wire in particular having suffered from over loading/shorting as it has melted a little, how much work should I do in here,

Top box by chrismac2012, on Flickr

yellow wire by chrismac2012, on Flickr

sorry for not being able to upload the photos only the links, I thought I used to be able to do it. 

any advice greatly appriceated

Thanks Chris

PS, back to flickr for my forum uploads, need some time to suss out that other website, thanks for the heads up though.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 09:55:18 PM by chrismac »

saba

• View Profile
Re: Lister Start-o-matic 2.5kw
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2020, 08:43:35 PM »
Sorry can not open the photo links

chrismac

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 08:52:31 PM »
Sorry can not open the photo links

Thanks for letting me know, I'll try and fix it.

Now changed the links hopefully the pictures will be there now.

Chris
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 08:56:13 PM by chrismac »

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2020, 09:02:10 PM »
no membership required just copy and past the link from your uploaded image for use in forum.

https://postimages.org/

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 09:05:24 PM »

Use postimage.org

any advice greatly appriceated

Thanks Chris
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 09:07:25 PM by snowman18 »