Puppeteer

Author Topic: injector pump  (Read 1996 times)

vegoil

• View Profile
injector pump
« on: February 13, 2020, 10:35:36 PM »
Is this a good way to set the pump timing? ( see the youtube video) It looks very good to me.
how far advanced do you recommend for running a Lister cs 8/1 on straight veg oil?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEeGJuNAyCM

Cheers

John

vegoil

• View Profile
Re: injector pump
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 03:33:45 PM »
has anyone tried this method of timing?
is this the same as the spill method and is the first spot of fuel on the flywheel meant to line up with the zigzag injector mark on the flywheel. for veg oil another 5*
What do any of you think?

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 11:45:04 PM »

That method of timing looks about right.
Give it a try.
You will have to find a way to mark your flywheel at approx 20 deg BTC and then adjust your initial spray point to either side of that mark depending on the engine specs and the fuel being used.
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

vegoil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 08:29:47 AM »
The fuel that I use is Clean used cooking oil

vegoil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2020, 01:24:51 PM »
I am running on wvo only The engine and 1200 litres oil are in the same building its well insulated so the temperature is around 35*c summer and winter I do not thin the oil other than the temperature of the building the engine runs for 14 hours a day with 1 hour gaps as all the heat goes into storage heaters.

I am just looking to get the original 1959 Lister CS 8/1 to run to its most efficient?

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2020, 02:50:41 PM »
Edit: Oops, replied to the wrong thread  :-\  I moved it here ... "Water Steam Injection"
https://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=8949.new#new

It's unlikely that you will need water injection on a continuous basis so consider an algorithm to intermittently dose the engine.
You may already be aware, but the arduino "uno" and "mega"do not have WiFi capability.
If you wish to communicate with the system from the house, take a look at the Wemos D1R2.
Form factor and programming language is the same as Arduino but it has WiFi connectivity.
It even uses the Arduino programming software.
Costs around $10
The big difference with the Wemos is that it's pins are all 3.3vdc (like the raspberry Pi) unlike the Arduino which is 5vdc.
Buy local from Amazon. (As you know, ... EBay is not shipping from the Asia at the moment)
Make sure it's the Wemos D1 R2 . The older Wemos D1 has been phased out but there may still be some old inventory being sold.

cheers,
veggie
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 03:01:01 PM by veggie »
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)