Puppeteer

Author Topic: New member  (Read 1217 times)

Oldsid

• View Profile
« on: February 05, 2020, 09:43:23 AM »
Hello to all. Ive been collecting various older engines for many years mainly listers. I must have twenty odd in two locations (Ive lost count) . Most have just stood as I just like having them around. Some are marine engines some industrial. My latest is a genset with an HA2, which musst be a replacement as the plate on the skid says HR2. To cut a long story short Ive bought this to use for 3 phase woodworking machines and am currently trying to get it fired up. The engine is obviously governed and I cant get fuel beyond the pumps to the injectors. Ive disconnected the stop solenoid and am lifting the small lever that it was connected tobut some basic info on which way rack is when open and closed and how govenor affects this when stopped would be appreciated. Ive worked with engines for all my life but I must be getting old as I cant fathom this out with all thats going on at the minute. I will put more info about my other engines up when I work out where to post them. Regards Stuart aka Oldsid.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 09:47:10 AM by Oldsid »

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 02:37:52 PM »
Hi Oldsid,

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
That's a lot of engines. !

Cheers,
Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 09:43:01 PM »
Is the rack behind the cover that's above the oil filler? Or is it over by the side of the engine? I think we'll need a few close-up pics to figure it out; I've looked at as many HA2 pics as I can quickly find, and none of them offer any clues as to exactly where it is.... I think I've spotted the lever you're referring to, but it looks like that rotates a shaft under one of the cylinders, so I'm not really any the wiser.

If you can/already have exposed the rack, then (because the engine is not running), the governor should be pushing it - quite hard - to the fully open position, so if you're not able to push fuel to that point, then it suggests the feed line to the rack is blocked. If you can get fuel at the bottom of the injector pipes, but not the top; then (at a total guess) the HP pump is faulty. Or maybe your injector lines are blocked, but it seems unlikely they'd both be blocked, unless someone's run coal through it in a previous life.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.