Author Topic: LET'S HELP BOB (aka AJAFFA1) RAISING HIS HOME FROM THE ASHES  (Read 7883 times)

dieselspanner

• View Profile
Re: LET'S HELP BOB (aka AJAFFA1) RAISING HIS HOME FROM THE ASHES
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2020, 08:30:53 PM »
Hey Bob!

Welcome back, nice to see that you're moving ahead.

Ref the heat exchanger, didn't Ed Dee post up quite a bit on the subject a while back?

All the best

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2020, 10:54:01 PM »

Hi Bob,

Great to see your long awaited return.

Shoot me an email when you get a chance. I sent you a couple but you may not have got them.
You have certainly had loads on your plate and more than enough to do.  Hopefully you are at a stage where you can back down a little now.
I also learned you have been very busy helping a LOT of other people in the local Community and looking after others more than yourself a lot of the time.  Champion effort mate. I can See Mayor Bob of the Nymboidia Shire council on the horizon. Listers for every property over 1 acre.

Damn good to see you back mate and to know things have improved enough for you to have a bit of time to come back here. 

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2020, 09:36:17 AM »
Thanks for the welcome back guys, I do hope that everyone is well and avoiding covid19.

I had a good day today: fitted new piston and rings, fitted refurbished cylinder and cylinder head. The only problem I encountered was that because the cylinder head had been skimmed the locating dowels were about a millimetre too long, had to shorten them to allow the head to seat properly on the gasket.

This is probably not the right part of the forum to be posting pictures but there are a few below, including a photo of the heat exchange I was planning to use. It has a surface area somewhere between two and three times the cooling surface of the cylinder so it should be adequate. I was hoping to mount it vertically and thermo siphon both sides without having to use pumps, I will also have to find some sort of header tank/expansion vessel. You will notice in the pictures that I have raised the hot water cylinder up to facilitate thermo siphoning.

Bob

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2020, 10:56:01 AM »
Hi Bob

Nice to hear from you - finally!

You have been doing an incredible job, and it seems that things have a tendency to improve.

Your engines are taking their place (the machinist could have recessed the head locating dowels, has well).

By now I'll give you place to scratch your head thinking about that heat exchanger.

Stay safe, and all the best to both of you.
VP
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 10:33:57 PM »
Hi Gentles

Take a look at the Bob's Lister purring, here! https://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=8069.msg104997#msg104997

Stay safe
VP
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!