Puppeteer

Author Topic: Retirement - business on offer - huge volume of engines and parts opportunity  (Read 5849 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Many of you know me from years of activity on this forum and elsewhere. An avalanche of changes are happening in my life that will force some changes here in my Continental US operations. Health, Financial issues with the government, advancing Age - they are fast on my heels now. I need some proactive changes to happen.

I am a Lister/Petter distributor and an active remanufacturing operation in Kansas... also have the remaining Lister/Petter Americas operation under my roof. We have huge parts stocks from a half a dozen other distributors across North America who have almost all now liquidated. We have large stocks of LP original and Indian clone diesels... considerable resources from LPW Alpha water-cooled and air-cooled series. We service Ditchwitch, Reed, Moffet, New Holland, Cummins Onan, and all makers that use the Lister/Petter engines. Large generator and supporting hardware stocks...

I have spent 24 years amassing this resource, I believe it is the largest remaining stockpile anywhere. $2.5m in new parts alone. Something in the neighborhood of 200+ engines here... many of them are the very last examples of brand new in-the-crate British iron.

If someone had an interest in carrying this effort forward, it would present a unique opportunity. I am available to train (up to 2-years if needed), we have a few people here already trained that could stay on and continue the rebuild operations and parts supply services.

We have a tax burden to resolve, but for the most part are solvent and flexible and amenable to creative ideas.

So, talk to me... even if you simply want an engine or two, we are ready to deal and to move some iron. gary@dieselgen.com
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

dkmc

• View Profile

Sorry to hear of your life changes.
Is there a website where a guy can see pictures of the operation and inventory? If not, it probably would help considerably in the ultimate sale of the business.
Machinist, fabricator, designer, fixer

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
I too am sorry to hear of your forced life changes.  You have been the source of light for many of us here.  The giant bail out of the many stranded Listers in the UK was amazing.

I'm sure we all wish you smoother sailing in these years to come.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts

Sorry to hear of your life changes.
Is there a website where a guy can see pictures of the operation and inventory? If not, it probably would help considerably in the ultimate sale of the business.

I only have an out-of-date web presence that shows some of our parts inventory. I am happy to provide fully detailed pictures/details/and so on for any interested party and open to any pertinent discussion.

dkmc

• View Profile
I only have an out-of-date web presence that shows some of our parts inventory. I am happy to provide fully detailed pictures/details/and so on for any interested party and open to any pertinent discussion.

I'd only be a gawker, so thank you, but no need to bother.
Best of luck with the sale-liquidation.
Machinist, fabricator, designer, fixer

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts

Hope someone will take it over and be as much as a help to as many people as you have over the years.
Thanks!

It is a very tall order to find someone with the skills and intent. This is why I expect this to take a few years because at the minimum I will likely have to train new owners.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Many of you know me from years of activity on this forum and elsewhere. An avalanche of changes are happening in my life that will force some changes here in my Continental US operations. Health, Financial issues with the government, advancing Age - they are fast on my heels now. I need some proactive changes to happen.

I am a Lister/Petter distributor and an active remanufacturing operation in Kansas... also have the remaining Lister/Petter Americas operation under my roof. We have huge parts stocks from a half a dozen other distributors across North America who have almost all now liquidated. We have large stocks of LP original and Indian clone diesels... considerable resources from LPW Alpha water-cooled and air-cooled series. We service Ditchwitch, Reed, Moffet, New Holland, Cummins Onan, and all makers that use the Lister/Petter engines. Large generator and supporting hardware stocks...

I have spent 24 years amassing this resource, I believe it is the largest remaining stockpile anywhere. $2.5m in new parts alone. Something in the neighborhood of 200+ engines here... many of them are the very last examples of brand new in-the-crate British iron.

If someone had an interest in carrying this effort forward, it would present a unique opportunity. I am available to train (up to 2-years if needed), we have a few people here already trained that could stay on and continue the rebuild operations and parts supply services.

We have a tax burden to resolve, but for the most part are solvent and flexible and amenable to creative ideas.

So, talk to me... even if you simply want an engine or two, we are ready to deal and to move some iron. gary@dieselgen.com

Please Note: NEW email address is gsj@gci.net - alive and still in operation here.

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
Hi Gary

After all you could manage the situation? I wish you can keep things going!

Stay safe.
VP
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Thanks VP,  We are alive and kicking here. Hoping to stir things up a bit, at least to have our resources on offer and a known quantity.

Best Regards,

Gary

38ac

• View Profile
Good to hear from you Gary and certainly glad to hear that you are on the mend.  If I was 20 years younger we would be in negotiations.  The slow speed business here was brisk in 2020.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Thanks Butch,

You and I both! We spend our careers and working lives striving to build something - (in my case mostly lacking any real resources). It is difficult to gradually lose capacity and lack the means to pass on what we have done.

It will not be tolerable to me to let this resource go back into the scrap/recycle pool.

Gary

KC7NOA

• View Profile
Wondering if you found some one local to continue or work to purchase from you?