Author Topic: LD1 Startomatic Charge rate switch info wanted  (Read 2761 times)

Davprin

• View Profile
LD1 Startomatic Charge rate switch info wanted
« on: December 01, 2019, 07:34:35 AM »
Hi all, on my unit, the charge rate switch in the alternator cubical is non-existent. I wonder if someone could point me to a photo that shows the wording of the fascia plate so that I can fabricate one, please. The charge resistor is in the box so it’s just a matter of fitting an appropriate switch and fascia.

chrismac

• View Profile
Re: LD1 Startomatic Charge rate switch info wanted
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 09:50:47 PM »
Did you do anything about your charge rate/ammeter I have a 2.5kw CS which also has very little charge rate showing but the batteries are getting charged as it starts as and when asked.
Chris

listeroil

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »
This is a picture of the charge switch off a 4.5 kw Startomatic top box.

Have you located a control box choke yet as I have a spare one that I dont need.

Mick

Davprin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2020, 07:39:55 AM »
Sorry, Mick, I never got back to you on this. My harddrive failed an I lost all of my forum and list membership details. have only just returned to this forum. Also with the Covid crisis I have been kept busy with other matters and the Lister has taken a back seat.

I did not get a control panel and when I last worked on the lister, I had been gathering parts to put together a control unit with modern parts. I presume you are in the U.S. so shipping to Australia would be pretty expensive.

Thanks for the photo of the charge rate switch

Cheers
Dave

This is a picture of the charge switch off a 4.5 kw Startomatic top box.

Have you located a control box choke yet as I have a spare one that I dont need.

Mick

CS Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 11:31:28 AM »
Hi There everyone, I have an additional question relating to the Charge Rate switch.  My 4.5 KVA startomatic unit charges the battery fine but changing the switch to either the high or the low position, doesn't seem to have any effect.   This isn't a great problem, my batteries are receiving enough of a charge to keep them topped up when the unit is running.  I was wondering if this fault (feature) points to the possible failure of any other component and therefore something I should worry about.
1945 Lister CS 5/1 driving a sawbench
1963 Lister CS 8/1 Startomatic  4.5 KVA