Author Topic: Cheap Lister Generators UK based  (Read 12524 times)

snowman18

• View Profile
Re: Cheap Lister Generators UK based
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2019, 08:02:25 PM »
Petter PJ is home. 1892 km's traveled  fuel cost $308.00. almost lost a wheel on the last 15 Km's from home.

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2019, 03:02:27 AM »
Beautiful-looking genset.  All you need to do now is get rid of that truck and buy a Toyota and you'll be set  :)

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2019, 03:37:45 AM »
you got some loose lug nuts on that crusty looking wheel/tire

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2019, 05:18:18 PM »

That's a BLOODY long way to drive to get an engine! You are really keen. Looks like it was worth it though.
Maybe I should expand my search area.  Mate has started truck driving again so I could look farther afield and still not have to go that far!  :laugh:

NICE solar ground mount array in the background too!
What is that, about 6KW?

The solar array belongs to the fellow that sold me the generator, he operates a bed and breakfast for livestock. Which is kind of amusing, cattle being sent to slaughter after so many hours in transit must be watered and fed with so many hours layover.

He recently expanded the operation and purchased a larger generator which is used only for standby power should the grid go down.

He purchased the Petter used fourteen years ago and spoke fondly of the old girl, like she was a family member heading off to college.

There's a story behind that old Chevy and it should not have been used for that trip, my significant other half was pulling a power trip about taking the Dodge Ram. So I purchased a 7 day permit for the junker.

Woman after menopause, end of story.

Now to make room in my man cave then unload the generator into her new home.

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2019, 07:02:03 PM »
Now to cut three pieces of large diameter pipe to use as rollers to place this beast into place, two rollers are placed under the skids then as the generator moves forward the spare roller is placed in its path.

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2019, 09:21:14 PM »
PJ getting cylinder head overhaul and new injector nozzles.

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2019, 10:01:29 PM »
The Lister / Petter parts are genuine mfg. inventory and most will have a NATO part number.

Coming soon the sellers contact with a list of engines he has parts for.

This will be a good source of parts for those of us living in North America.

snowman18

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2019, 01:49:26 AM »

That's a BLOODY long way to drive to get an engine! You are really keen. Looks like it was worth it though.
Maybe I should expand my search area.  Mate has started truck driving again so I could look farther afield and still not have to go that far!  :laugh:

The Kohler generator with Lister ST2 was a four hour drive then once I had arrived had to wait another two hours for the bugger to come home.

The Lister was run short of oil, the engine side cover has been removed so far pleased with what I'm seeing.

The crankshaft thrust bearing has not had the bearing material scuffed off and the camshaft surfaces look decent.

I'll know more once the connecting rod caps have been pulled.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2019, 02:34:46 AM by snowman18 »