Puppeteer

Author Topic: Yanmar chp  (Read 8947 times)

guest18

Re: Yanmar chp
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:27 AM »
They are pretty good running engines. They are not as popular as they once were and it’s getting hard to get parts for them. If it’s complete and puts out power it would be a good deal.

If your just going to use the engine on another project and it has a stub shaft on the flywheel then that will save you lots of time and money. About 8 years ago it was almost impossible impossible to find the Stub shaft. It was discontinued. Some of them came with a 6 groove k belt pulley. First thing to do is take a look at it and see if it runs. Than see what the parts availability is. Radiators seem to take a beating because of the engines vibration. Brother went through 2 radiators on his zb600. He is still running if but as I mentioned earlier parts are Becoming hard to find.

guest18

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 01:45:53 AM »
They run pretty good between 2600-3000 RPM’s I believe they we’re rated up to 3200 RPM’s

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 10:15:48 AM »
Thanks for your info, I threw out some bait but no luck yet.

Parts are pretty expensive no point of paying to much. Maybe in some time without any interest of other people it might show up again.

Still busy with dismantling my old chp, lot of soot and black from breather of the sump. Not a nice job.

Bernhard

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
It,s a water heated poolheater, I'll give it a try. Can sell it if it doesn't work.
But still busy with dismantling and cleaning garbage of old chp.

bernhard

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2020, 12:11:06 AM »
Its been some time since my last update,

Where am I at now, Engine is in it's "soundproof" box I had to overhaul it completely. Started with a piston and liner, there was play on a shaft key so fuel injection was late giving tons of smoke. Neighbour complaining. pffff. Put a new shaft key and replaced all roller bearings.
There's 2 shims under the fuelpump so you can move the injection time ahead a bit, removed one might take out the other one. Think wear on the gears moved injection time late as well.

Just had it running for two hours 3000 watts, running smooth satisfying.
Exhaust goes threw a pool heater dropping temperature to 80 dergr celsius with a flex tube to an old square water tank of a boat approx 250 ltrs, inside rockwool and 2 chambers to kill the exhaust noise. Lister I had 4 chambers and it was completely dead, now you can hear the exhaust but extremely soft.

Big point of attention the exhaust from the pool heater which is mounted to the engine and moving to the tank which is rigged I have a flex stainless hose of diam 80mm but its moving like crazy.
That will not last 100 hours before something breaks and starts leaking.
Need to figure out something sexy.

Automation, I mounted my servo motor on the fuel rack/governor with mqtt messages. So via wifi connection I could alter the load of the engine. It works but needs some tidying up. 
I was using a type of esp8266 board with external wifi antenna very good but fragile, in other words I burned a few. Think I will use a plastic box so I can use a normal board.
I have my electricity meter sending messages every 10 seconds so I can adjust the load of the engine to match the demand.
rest of the stuff, cooling water flow, temperatures and start stop was already working on the lister so only have to drop it on.

Regards

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2020, 12:49:18 AM »

ESP8266 works. It has some quirks ... like shutting off every few hours  :)
Some do it ... some don't.
That can be solved easy enough via adding a small reset routine in the programming.
Best thing to do is mount the controller OFF-SKID away from the engine vibration.
If set up properly they can be fairly reliable.
They can also be programmed to send MQTT "internet of things" data to the web for access by your phone or other PC's
« Last Edit: November 15, 2020, 12:54:25 AM by veggie »
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)