Puppeteer

Author Topic: Yanmar chp  (Read 3581 times)

glort

• View Profile
Re: Yanmar chp
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2019, 01:10:08 AM »

There is no way my Kubota will wind through compression on the starter. The chinese Vertical cylinder models will with a struggle and I have no knowledge of the Yanmars but if they are like my Kubota, not a chance. Then again, the Yanmar types seem easy to hand crank where the times I have tried the Kubota have been miserable failures. Have no problem with the Roid, the Italians and others but the Kubota is a mongeral.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2019, 01:18:36 AM »

Without question it's easier on the starter to decompress. But not necessary on some engines. Very necessary on others

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV0swraaikg
Depends on the engine.

Cranking of the engine at 6:15 minute mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phjoeEld8ac

A big 195 start without decompression. My 195 was able to easily do this also.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJelEpPtoE
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 01:38:15 AM by veggie »
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2019, 03:35:34 AM »

Wonder if the starter on my kubota is a bit sad.?
Might be worth seeing what a new china verstion would be worth..
The compression seems high  though which is the reason i cant hand crank it.

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2019, 02:41:44 PM »
The ts 105 is handcrank only, but fairly easy. About the fuel solenoid I was also thinking in the same direction. Thing is how to mount it looking a bit neat...from experience I know temporal mounts stay there for eternity.
Thanks for the suggestions and help'

Bernhard

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 01:03:56 AM »
Not much has happened since last time, not much time to be busy with it.  Managed to buy a pool heater as a exhaust heat recovery, and mounted it. Bought a new pully to bring down the revs to a better rpm. Been tearing down my lister cs som, what a nice beast each flywheel must be around 100kg. I really love this thing. But it's like keeping a horse in an apartment.
My cool cell motorroom still need to be torn down but I am a little reluctant with my sound damper box wich is full with soot. Will become a mess.

just yesterday I came across a genset a kubota ZB 400/500/600 with a 5kva . I know I should not be buying more stuff but it's in my home town. I made an offer of 250E guy wants 350E.
I haven't seen it yet only picture, looks like it's been outside under a plastic blanket for 5 years +.
Anyone knows these engines, its 3000rpm stuff not really my cup of tea but might be a good deal.

Regards Bernhard

hwew

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2020, 01:39:27 AM »
They are pretty good running engines. They are not as popular as they once were and its getting hard to get parts for them. If its complete and puts out power it would be a good deal.

If your just going to use the engine on another project and it has a stub shaft on the flywheel then that will save you lots of time and money. About 8 years ago it was almost impossible impossible to find the Stub shaft. It was discontinued. Some of them came with a 6 groove k belt pulley. First thing to do is take a look at it and see if it runs. Than see what the parts availability is. Radiators seem to take a beating because of the engines vibration. Brother went through 2 radiators on his zb600. He is still running if but as I mentioned earlier parts are Becoming hard to find.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:52:37 AM by hwew »

hwew

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2020, 01:45:53 AM »
They run pretty good between 2600-3000 RPMs I believe they were rated up to 3200 RPMs

« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:54:12 AM by hwew »

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 10:15:48 AM »
Thanks for your info, I threw out some bait but no luck yet.

Parts are pretty expensive no point of paying to much. Maybe in some time without any interest of other people it might show up again.

Still busy with dismantling my old chp, lot of soot and black from breather of the sump. Not a nice job.

Bernhard

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 01:04:28 AM »

Managed to buy a pool heater as a exhaust heat recovery, and mounted it.

Is this the heat exchanger out of a gas fired heater?
Are you going to run the exhaust through where the water normally goes and blow air past the fins for heating or are you going to blow the exhaust past the fins like in the heater setup and circulate water through the tubes?

I have a few of These HE's and a complete unit I'm building into a heater for the house.  I'm replacing the gas burner with one of my oil burners and going to circulate water through the tubes and then to a Radiator in the house. The small HE I have is rated at 100 Kw so should have ample capacity for what I'm doing  :0)

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2020, 03:48:14 PM »
It,s a water heated poolheater, I'll give it a try. Can sell it if it doesn't work.
But still busy with dismantling and cleaning garbage of old chp.

bernhard