Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

QUIET Exhaust - Listeroid - HOW?

<< < (2/7) > >>

saba:
I had the same problem, tried a lot of things but always the deep bass sound remained. I made a labyrinth box with rockwool inside. Three chambers ,30cm/45cm/160cm wide high lenght . There is just fumes coming and no sound at all. I should have a video somewhere I'll try to find it.

Bernhard

LowGear:
How about a sound cancelling loudspeaker system?

A split exhaust with one arm traveling far enough to provide a half hertz phase shift before reuniting them?

veggie:

--- Quote from: saba on October 18, 2019, 02:44:01 AM ---I had the same problem, tried a lot of things but always the deep bass sound remained. I made a labyrinth box with rockwool inside. Three chambers ,30cm/45cm/160cm wide high length . There is just fumes coming and no sound at all. I should have a video somewhere I'll try to find it.

Bernhard

--- End quote ---

From what material did you build the labyrinth box?

saba:
Behind the lister I had a big exhaustgas cooler so the gas exits at cooling water temp, max 90 degr C .

I made the box out of wood / thin plywood lined it with rockwool, inside I have to walls so you have three chambers. a pipe threw these walls in a way that the sound bounces of the opposing wall and cannot enter the next pipe directly.
If you look at a cut open car exhaust same thing only bigger with rockwool. Rockwool was rockfon ceiling plates like the ones they use in offices, but I am sure any kind will work
It was overkill because there was no noise at all even with your ear next to the exhaust.
Had to do it because I live really close to the neighbours.

The flaw of the design, exhaust gasses condensing in the last chamber with hot coolingwater and cold outside temps.

I think the yanmar will be easier to shut up, I am thinking of making a similar design but maybe in an old air compressor tank with a water drain at the bottem...

But rockwool labyrinth you can kill any sound or anyone without disturbing the neighbours.

Bernhard

veggie:

Underground mufflers can be extremely quiet ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2682AwYJ7w

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version