Author Topic: Pictures on the Forum  (Read 2228 times)

Tanman

• View Profile
Pictures on the Forum
« on: October 13, 2019, 04:04:24 PM »
Is there some magic trick to get pictures to post on this forum? I've tried shrinking them and converting them to different file types and it still feels like it's about a 60-40 chance it won't post. Any suggestions?
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Pictures on the Forum
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 05:40:29 PM »
Is there some magic trick to get pictures to post on this forum? I've tried shrinking them and converting them to different file types and it still feels like it's about a 60-40 chance it won't post. Any suggestions?

No tricks, particularly.... however, the limits were a bit mean, so I've just updated them.

Max 4MB per image/document
Max 6 images/documents per post.

Use the "Attachments and other options" link below the new post box (where you type your text), and select the files off your computer to attach them.

There is a restriction on file types, but PNG, JPG and PDF should all be fine.

PS: When posting images, it would VERY much be appreciated if you could reduce their size to something usefully handleable by most screens. A size of 800x600 is ideal, maybe 1024x768 if you're trying to show some detail. Please DON'T post the max res pictures from your camera (e.g. 3500x1400 - or even bigger these days), they're just a royal PITA to view, and you'll end up getting no answers to your question(s)...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 05:42:52 PM by AdeV »
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

Tanman

• View Profile
Re: Pictures on the Forum
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 05:24:49 AM »
Thanks  :)
Kubota ea300
Metro 12/2