Lister Engines > Things I want to Buy

6-1 parts

<< < (2/4) > >>

Hugh Conway:
@Blueflame......
If you do decide to use a compression changeover valve, you must also adjust the bump clearance.
I have a JKSON too. Listeroids without the changeover valve use a different bump clearance, and it makes a big difference.
Wish I had one installed now, it's been -12 for days, Lizzie sits outside, and  is reluctant to start without a bit of heat down her throat. When it gets a bit warmer, no problem.
Cheers
Hugh

Blueflame:
Thanks for the replies and i did order and get the compression changeover valve however I stopped trying to install it because I thought it would crossthread and put back in the standard plug with a glowplug. I hadnt used the glowplug in years. I sometimes arrive at camp in minus 10 by snowmobile and have to get the 6-1 running. I use a honda 1000 watt for lights and to run grundfos circulators on a wood fired boiler. The engine cooling system is a flatplate heat exchanger connected to this boiler and with another circulator on the engine side I preheat the engine to about 120 degrees so it cranks easy then would just use a hot nail in the intake pipe to start.  I previously tried to reach central Maine but they were moving.

mike90045:
I've got a fairly newish HATZ diesel and it recommends adding a small amount of gasoline to the diesel to help it light off.

mike90045:
It's in their printed manual, and I think petrol is gasoline, not kerosene or anything else.

Summer fuel = ordinary diesel
Winter fuel = winterized diesel for cold areas, less wax.

Manual was pretty clear, not for wax reduction, but for starting ease

Compression ratio rating is 21.5:1

Seems like a lot of gasoline/petrol for high compression.  It starts a little rougher than my 6/1 when it's frosty outside.

Oiler:
Hatz is german and the german word for kerosine is petroleum ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version