Lister Engines > Things I want to Buy

6-1 parts

(1/4) > >>

Blueflame:
Hello all I overheated my 6-1 and used my spare head gasket. I seem to have damaged the fuel nozzle as it squirts a stream now. I also see much less compression probably from a thicker head gasket. I am looking to buy a few nozzles, some head gaskets and an adjustable decompression valve to raise compression for starting. I cant seem to find parts anywhere. Does anyone know how to get parts? Thank you

BruceM:
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but no way your low compression is due to a thicker head gasket.  You likely have valve and/or ring damage.  Listening carefully at intake and exhaust should tell you about the valves.

You forgot to mention your location; in the US,  Gary at Diesel Electric Services is a great source for all Lister related parts.  https://diesel-electric.us/

There is also centralmaindiesel.com, who have the Listeroid CS parts.

Blueflame:
Thank you I will try Gary. I do think the valves are ok, broken ring is possible and I didn't check for that. the location is northern Michigan.

Blueflame:
The nozzle I replaced and now it starts easily despite what I thought was too low of compression. I may just seem to be when it wont start. I still need to locate head gasket spares that do not have extra holes between the main 2.  Engine is a powersolutions -jkson 2005 model 6-1. I had a lot of difficulty in getting coolant to circulate as in airlocked but got it eventually and now it transfers heat.

broncodriver99:
Central Maine Diesel or Jim Calder up in Canada @ just live off grid. They both deal in Listeroids.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version