How to / DIY > Engines

help with Lister D

<< < (2/3) > >>

rich p:
Omg, thanks so much lads we only been & done this 👍🏽👍🏽 I can’t remember how old she is but if I’m up & running at this age I’ll be happy yayaya beer to celebrate its music to my ears YES, & only one special world in her ear.

rich p:
Lol sorry got all excited, I think it was dirty points, I can report that there working well as i definitely got a couple wacks lol yes they were kicks on the finger gauge ouch!!!

AdeV:

--- Quote from: ajaffa1 on September 25, 2019, 02:13:07 PM ---
... It is common for the points to corrode in a wet/damp climate. ... 6. Corrosion
--- End quote ---

Bob - England is, basically, a synonym for wet/damp climate! The further North and West you go, the wetter it gets....

As a result, we are all too familiar with corrosion! The typical lifespan of a 1980s car here was about 10 years... engine/box/interior still fine, but the body rotted off them. The average lifespan of a 1980s Italian car in the UK was about 10 weeks..... they used much thinner or poorer steel. Mind you, that was as nothing to the legendary "British Leyland Friday Afternoon" car, which not only frequently had bits missing, but often came out of the factory rusty! (no joke)

Rich - glad you got your motor running :)

rich p:
Lol yes your right

Is there anything I can use/spray on the points to stop them getting damp?

mike90045:
What about a lawnmower electronic ignition system ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version