How to / DIY > Everything else

Cold energy Storage MkIII

<< < (3/3)

ajaffa1:
Hi Stef, always knew you were full of Sh1t,  :laugh: I know those polystyrene beads can be bought in bulk and cost next to nothing, if you have a local arts and crafts shop they generally sell them for filling cushions/bean bags and etc.

I have to get the local sewage pumping company in to pump out my septic tank, guess my Wife and I are also full of it!

Hi Glort, that is why I am watching what you are doing. If there is a fault in the logic you will find it at your expense, I will learn from your mistakes and try to avoid making the same mistakes.  :)

If you are going to fit a cross over switch you will need to get your sparky to fill in the necessary online paperwork with Essential Energy and then wait a month or more for approval. Your sparky will have to either do the work or supervise the work and sign off on it, this could be expensive. When I put my cross over switch in I found that they cost around $200 here but could be bought from the UK for around $50 including delivery for single phase, expect a three phase cross over to be much more expensive. I suspect that you could do the job using a high power three phase motor contactor/starter relay. It won`t be legal but it will do the job, 240 volt relay will drop out on mains power failure, easy to fit a switch giving you control.

Bob

Old AC units are a dime a dozen, scrap yards across Australia are full of them, 2KW might be a push as I think they start at around 3KW but an older lower power unit would probably be more user friendly with regards to servicing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version