Puppeteer

Author Topic: Looking for CS 6/1 in mid US  (Read 3321 times)

StrawHat

• View Profile
Looking for CS 6/1 in mid US
« on: August 13, 2019, 11:59:04 PM »
Would like to find a CS 6/1 in the mid US. Old iron would be best, I am a very experienced engine builder, but don't have a large budget. Will pick up unit. Can rebuild an engine, even a seized one, as long as no major part or component damage is present. (sometimes engines seize from crud build up around piston without actual major damage once taken apart and honed a little) Rust is not always damaging on cast iron but severe rust is usually a problem on steel parts. Most Indian clones are way over priced for the quality you really get. Could also assemble an engine from parts provided they are all present and accounted for! Inventory list would be part of purchase agreement. Compressor kit with proper "accessories",..... maybe if priced low enough. Any 8/1, which is just a higher speed 6/1 with a slightly different flywheel is also fair game. No mounting frame needed, I'll build my own exactly the way I want it.

For some of you retailers, this may be a chance to get rid of an engine or crate of parts that is an engine, most wont buy and you don't have time to rebuild.

This ought to give everyone a picture of what I am out looking for!

Thanks

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Looking for CS 6/1 in mid US
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 01:41:06 AM »
Contact me in Kansas - 303-720-3936 or gary@dieselgen.com
We have a warehouse full of such things including hundreds of the Lister/Petter engines of all types.
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 08:34:47 PM »
Hi,read your message and you sound like you know your diesel engines inside out😊 I'm new to this site and struggling to acquire information about what sort of tool I need make or purchase? Hope you located your next project? Thanks Rich(UK)

Rich

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 08:38:46 PM »
ListerPetter LPWS 2 cylinder engine...looking  to make or purchase a fly wheel puller.