Puppeteer

Author Topic: ChanChai pellet mills  (Read 392 times)

Tanman

• View Profile
Yanmar L100-5KW set
Chinese 1115-8KW stamford
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo

38ac

• View Profile
Re: ChanChai pellet mills
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 01:36:17 AM »
Read the fine print. The mills are shipped direct from China. That means it must go through customs, are you willing to risk that the engine will slip through? If not you get to pay US Customs to destroy it.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 03:23:56 AM »
Read the fine print. The mills are shipped direct from China. That means it must go through customs, are you willing to risk that the engine will slip through? If not you get to pay US Customs to destroy it.

I was wondering how they got them in with a Diesel engine on them yet Diesel engines alone can't be imported. I did see on the feedback that there appear to have been a number sold but who to or where they were is not shown. For the prices they are charging, It would appear to be somewhere people have more Dollars than good sense!

I wonder what happens if they are Seized at customs and how that sits with both Fleaby and US consumer law? 
Well actually I know about flebay, they don't give a shit and if one wades through the fine print on their guarantees that aren't worth squat.
US consumer law would be interesting especially when the inevitable happens.

The Overt and laughable blind patriotism used to sell the things is ridiculous but I guess some fall for it.
So many wouldn't buy anything that wasn't made in the US of A.... even if it was clearly Chinese!

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2019, 01:12:33 PM »
 I didn't bother to read all the fine print but what burns me about Ebay these days is they allow Chinese sellers to list items as located in the USA because they all are shipped to a USA based center where they are immediately shipped back out. You can bet your bottom dollar that that a buyer is responsible for all duties, taxes etc etc which means also being responsible for the item being legally importable.  Those engines are not legally importable period. That does not mean that a few haven't slipped through the cracks,, he'll if a chance to take with a lot of money when new old stock pre ban engines are easily obtained. I just bought a band new old stock Changfa 1115 for $300

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2019, 01:58:48 PM »
I just bought a band new old stock Changfa 1115 for $300

For that price, I'd have bought a Dozen!  :0)

Flea bay is getting more and more corrupt.  I am seeing listings with something at $2 for a Bolt or a screw when the advertised Item is something worth $50 and the second you click the drop down box the price shoots up.
There are a lot of Chinese sellers listing their location as our main Mail distribution centre and passing off as local sellers.  The give away is the postage time is a month or more to be delivered to the same city they are supposedly in.

Ebay does not give a damn about anything except getting their fees.  Lots of sellers have multiple stores and if for some reason they shut one down, they just open another.

The counterfeits are getting over the top as well. I wouldn't buy a memory card or a USB stick there.  The crap they pass off is terrible and they do it under branding of recognised companies. There are so many things where the numbers and specifications are completely meaningless.
One can buy 18650 batteries in 5000 Mah and even 10K Mah.  Pitty the companies on the cutting edge of these batteries are still only able to produce 3300 Mah in that size cell!  Of course you buy a cell rated at a modest 2500 Mah and people take them home and test them and find they are 1500 Mah or worse!

The list of similar BS specs is endless.

Not only do fleabay turn a blind eye to the dodgy sellers, they actively defend them. There is a company here known for importing Chinese machinery and different Home related things.  They are also well known for garbage service, screwing people around endlessly and selling crap products.
It's also well known that Neg feedback people leave Just Disappears.  Loads of people have screen shotted their feedback only to show it disappeared a day or 3 Later.  Seen that first hand myself with my buying mistakes.

I reckon there are seller on there and plenty of them that never sell a thing.
Under our consumer law if something doesen't show up, you are entitled to a full refund.  I reckon there are sellers out there that never have a thing to sell or very little . Person buys, no item, sorry heres a refund...... If you remember you didn't get it which I'm sure there would be enough that didn't and the company pockets the money and can do OK not sending out a thing.

Another scam I have seen latley is sending out crap goods and then offering partial refunds.
Had that with something I bought recently where they sent the complete wrong product.  They then went on and on about a partial refund. Why should I wear any of the cost of your Screw up.  I got bleeding heart messages about they will loose money and could I " Understand" ( the favourite Chinese cop out) and everything they could to get out of giving me all my money back.  Finally left neg feedback and opened a claim.  They said they would refund in full if I changed Feedback.  I did. Left it exactly the same only put the word " Refunded" at the end.  They complained I said I would change it. I said I did, my experience was crap, do you expect me to tell lies and say it was good just because I got a refund after backing you into a corner to get it.?
Nothing changed just because I got a refund but I was honest and changed my feedback to indicate that.

I got mucked around badly a few years ago on something worth around $100. They wouldn't do squat and neither would fleabay and they had clearly played that game before and thought they were safe.
Unfortunately the box they sent had pickup details on it so I went round their little fire hazzard unit block and confronted them. Little con man nearly had a stroke when I threw the product on his table and told him I wanted a refund or there would be big trouble.  He laughed and said what you going to do, Hit me? I call police.
I said oh no, i'm not a violent man or a criminal, but what I will do is publish your company names and this address all over the net so other people can find you.  I got my money despite his wife screaming at him and trying to stop him.  I reported them to fleabay and fair trading but of course nothing came of it.

I guess it will get a lot worse before it gets better through fleabay doing something .

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2019, 04:03:37 PM »

Did you find that on eBay or local?
Yanmar L100-5KW set
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2019, 06:38:48 PM »
Another problem is that burning contaminated crap creates contaminated exhaust.  This is the problem that most garbage burners are facing and that includes scrubbers.  Ain't no scrubbers on home based burners.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2019, 10:25:19 PM »

Did you find that on eBay or local?

Craigs list

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2019, 11:07:51 PM »
Found a used one on Craigs if anyone is around Georgia https://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/grd/d/toccoa-pellet-mill/6907967098.html
Yanmar L100-5KW set
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo