Author Topic: I am a Proud New Owner,,, Sorry have to gloat..  (Read 4308 times)

fireram

I am a Proud New Owner,,, Sorry have to gloat..
« on: August 04, 2006, 09:20:52 PM »
I have finaly recieved and rolled my new to me original Lister CS, into my dads garage today.

I am looking forward to cranking her over. I purchased it from a gentalman in Vancouver, and had it shipped here (ontario). He said it has not run for a year or two. Everything looks to be in very good shape. I am missing the Valve cover however.  It came with a 2.5kw generator and something else that looks like an ac to dc converter. but i'm not sure yet.

I need to know if it is ok to run it on the cart it is mounted to, I here some have mounted them to blocks of concrete??

How do I start and stop it.

I understand the compression knob. and I see there is a valve holder that appears to hold a valve open, and there is a lever on the fuel pump, is it to be in the up or down pos?, and there is another leaver below the fuel pump, i belive that is to prime the lub oil from the acnrkcase?

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks for your help

here are some pics..  I think!

OK, Not sure how to post the pics, please let me know...Thanks..

hotater

• View Profile
Re: I am a Proud New Owner,,, Sorry have to gloat..
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2006, 09:53:11 PM »
Welcome aboard---

DON'T be in too big a hurry to get it cranked just yet.  You need to check it out and make sure it wasn't *stopped* because it was tearing itself up!

I'd suggest you buy George's CD from the utterpower.com site and learn your engine from the grease stains up.  It'll pay big dividends in the end.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 11:37:00 PM »
Hey another guy from Ontario!!!  I'm up here in Ottawa, where abouts are you?

Sounds like you might have a Start-o-matic on your hands.

keep in touch
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

buickanddeere

• View Profile
Another Ontario Re: I am a Proud New Owner,,, Sorry have to gloat..
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 06:08:02 AM »
 I'm in Ontario too.
 Currently looking at British Isles oroigional Listers or even a petter. Co-Generation project in mind.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2006, 02:02:04 PM »
I just posted in the market place a SOM for sale.  It is not hard to import, no PST, no GST and no import duties :)  Cost $375 to ship in a container to the port of Montreal.  It was a lot easier than I expected
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...