Puppeteer

Author Topic: Hydraulic PTO for auxillaries  (Read 21073 times)

bitsnpieces1

• View Profile
Re: Hydraulic PTO for auxillaries
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2006, 03:19:47 AM »
 :D  Sure wouldn't twist off.   :D :D
Lister Petter AC1, Listeroid 12/1, Briggs & Stratton ZZ, various US Mil. surplus engines. Crosley (American) 4cyl marine engine(26hp).

Rtqii

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 03:24:37 AM »

Rtqii

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2006, 12:38:14 PM »

Jackshaft sketch.

slowspeed1953

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 02:52:22 AM »

Jackshaft sketch.

Give me a little more detail Im making one on my cad cam set up and I can even shoot you a price.

Need to more about the pilot bearing end and key way width and depth.

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:11:23 AM by slowspeed1953 »

Rtqii

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2006, 03:29:44 PM »
Man...  If I had detail I would have put it in.  That was simply supposed to be a rough sketch.

The devil is in the details. The single most important factor on this aspect of the project is cost, this shaft is an accessory, not mission critical. With that understanding... I am going to actually build out of mostly scrap and junked parts.  The one piece I will actually have to pony up for is the steel shaft itself.

The pilot bearing dimensions are dependant upon the clutch/transmission shaft I will be using.  I don't have these parts, but the way I look at things: nearly any commerical flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, and shaft will work. Suitable parts for installing here should be available from any junk yard.

http://www.associatedsteel.com/pdf/23.pdf - Keyway dimensions are pretty standard for a standard 2" shaft. This is stock material at most mills and suppliers in a variety of grades (1018, 1045) with the keyways milled 1/2" x 1/4"

The clutch and the clutch shaft are generic parts, virtually any commerical auto/truck/tractor clutch can be made to work here:

To complete the assembly I would need a transmission shaft that is compatable to the clutch and the pilot bearing.  Ideally parts would come from some mass produced manual transmission vehicle where parts are readily available and cheap from any salvage yard.  Once I have the transmission shaft, the only remaining design/engineering to be done would be pillow block mounting of the transmission shaft to the equipment block and a direct drive coupler to the hydraulic pump.

This is going to take time, not a lot of money, to engineer. I am going to have lots of time and not a lot of money for capital expenses. This solution would appear to me to be robust, meet my anticipated needs, and not cost an arm and a leg.  As I said, parts should be cheap, and it should be no big deal to stock simple replacement parts: extra pilot bearing, clutch, and throwout bearing.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 04:32:04 PM by Rtqii »

Rtqii

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2006, 06:36:52 AM »
http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraulic.htm

^^^ Very handy hydraulic calculator usefull for designing systems and determining suitability of various pumps & motors, cylinders.

http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/

^^^ Hose, tubing, gauges, etc...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2006, 06:49:42 AM by Rtqii »