Author Topic: Laidong and alternative fuels  (Read 1206 times)

Tanman

• View Profile
Re: Laidong and alternative fuels
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »
I like it, I'm pretty committed now I think. The guy in WI got back to me and quoted me a pretty hefty price for the diesels he has. It would be much cheaper (and a higher quality engine) I think to pick up one of the 1115's in Ontario on my next fishing trip with my dad up there. Just have it shipped to where our buddy has a cabin up there, disassemble it somewhat, and bring it in as parts.
Yanmar L100-5KW set
Chinese 1115-8KW stamford
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2019, 11:07:30 PM »
+1 what Glort said.

The Chinese 1115 engine is a beast and very reliable.
They lend themselves very well to alternative fuels like chip oil because of the Indirect Injection heads.
The injectors have a bigger injection port (one single hole usually), like a Listeroid.
If cared for, the 1115 will probably outlive the average human. Parts can still be found with relative ease.

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- Kubota Z482 - 4kw
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw

Fig

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2019, 02:57:02 PM »
I just got off the phone with the chap in WI, apparently they are importing these as pellet mills. The horizontals are hooked up to a belt driven mill on a steel frame and being imported that way. How is this possible?

Here is their website: http://www.pelletmasters.com
Look under all products, pellet mills, diesel powered.

So what were their prices on the engines alone?

Boxelder

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2019, 05:20:12 PM »
Very interesting.  I'd also be curious to know their prices for the China Horizontals, and what sizes they have.  My 1115 needs a companion, and Chippewa Falls is right on the way between Minneapolis and my hometown in Northern WI.

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2019, 03:46:58 PM »
Here are the prices I was quoted:

8hp Single Cylinder Electric Start Diesel for $1,295
15hp Single Cylinder Electric Start Diesel for $1,895
22hp Single Cylinder Electric Start Diesel for $1,995

lead time is 10-12 weeks.
They had some 15 and 22 hp on site.
Yanmar L100-5KW set
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo

Tanman

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2019, 04:04:09 PM »
Glort, if you were going to have extra parts for your 1115 on hand, what would you have? Also, do you know of good places to source parts for these Chinese diesels?
Yanmar L100-5KW set
96 Suburban 6.5 turbo

glort

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2019, 04:55:04 PM »

My China's came with a spares/tool kit. Had a head gasket, bearings, filters and piston rings. Maybe something else I forgot and the usual crappy tools.

In My experience these things are very reliable so all I'd be looking at would be an extra head gasket and side cover gasket and Maybe a pump and  injector. Pump is probably a bit overkill, they are a very straightforward design unlikely to fail but maybe an extra spring would be worth having if you are going to depend on the thing for power.

Best source is cheapest as these things are all clones. Alli express has all the parts for these things you'd need.

Given the prices of the engines quoted, I'd be looking into bringing some in yourself. I don't know what the laws are where you are, I have read conflicting reports but can't be too hard to bring an engine in in 2 boxes as parts.

I have sold 4 used car engines in the last week and none were more expensive than the cheapest one quoted here.  I think if that's the prices you have to pay, I'd be looking at things like Kubotas, yanmars and even alternatives like Toyota / Isuzu ETC Diesels.
All you need for a car engine is an electronic Govenor kit  that are about $200 US which would give you more precise and stable regulation than any mechanical setup that's for sure.