Author Topic: ajaffa Bob OK ?  (Read 4882 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: ajaffa Bob OK ?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2019, 10:35:20 AM »
Thanks Glort, we will be OK. I`m three weeks post surgery and things are looking good, still not supposed pick up anything heavier than a bag of sugar with my left hand but it gets stronger every day.

Narelle is going to be unable to drive for several months, which will be challenging. Her Brother is coming to stay for a while which will be a huge help. All our friends and neighbors have offered to assist with shopping and etc. The greatest advantage of living in a small community is that people help one another, not through choice but through necessity, out here the Aussie battler mentality is still alive!

Not much chance of meals on wheels out here, 50 Km to the nearest town, food would be cold and inedible by the time it got here. We are off to town in the morning to buy the makings for a whole load of things like stews and etc that I can safely make without poisoning anyone, probably get some frozen meals as well in case of disasters.

Thanks for the offer in Taree, I`m hoping we don`t need to take you up on it. How is your Father going after his eye surgery?

Bob

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2019, 04:32:46 PM »
Hey Bob, Glad you're doing OK, best wishes with your wife's surgery.  I'm not going into the hospital, as they have mega wireless and a cell tower on top.  I can be there for a short time, though my head feels like it's going to pop. It matters little that I have a neurologist's report showing effect of a cell phone on me; doctors only accept what they have learned in medical school and ignore everything else .  I will consider outpatient surgery, as I have managed to get in and out for that twice before. 

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2019, 06:03:40 PM »
Hey Bob!

Nice to see you've not been loafing, just 'cos you can't type don't mean you can't bull up a bit of brass!

If the one eyed man is king in the land of the blind, a Pommie, in Oz, down to his last paw......

Not that I'm the one to gossip or stir the shite, as you well know.

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2019, 06:50:00 PM »
Have you heard?

The leading cause of premature death in America is the lack of eating fruit.  Too simple?  Most real answers are.  The old "An apple a day will keep the doctor away" turns out to be more true than most would suspect.  But wash then really good because apples are always in the top two or three of the most poisoned fruit / vegetables you'll purchase.  This would be a great time to put in a few veggies in a garden space.  I knew a guy that gardened out of soil bags he brought home from the hardware store.  He'd just give the slightly used soil away in the fall to friends that wanted to boost their compost a bit.

Read the labels on all stuff that is pre-prepared.  It's often flavored with the worst three.  SOS - Sugar - Oil - Salt.

So before I get completely up on another soapbox I write;

Best wishes on the multitasking.

And Remember

Caretakers often need caretakers themselves.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245