Author Topic: ajaffa Bob OK ?  (Read 4880 times)

oldtime

• View Profile
ajaffa Bob OK ?
« on: May 03, 2019, 07:17:07 AM »
Hi all is Bob ok ? I have been trying to contact him . He has been in Hospital .

oldtime

• View Profile
Re: ajaffa Bob OK ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 04:45:47 AM »
Have sent a couple of messages .hope he is ok .  This being sick is not good .. we are all another day closer to the grave !!!!

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 02:50:03 PM »
Yep, makes you think about what you're spending your limited time on and with who.  I had a close scrape with an adverse reaction to radioactive iodine treatment a month ago, still dealing with a 2 foot long DVT in my right leg. Now a walking stroke/embolism.  Got my will and medical power of attorney updated, and organizing papers and such.  Small projects and getting maintenance up to snuff...no big ones for now. 

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2019, 03:05:06 AM »
Hospitals are a great place to get sick, I'm worried for Bob too.

The outrageou$ drug Eliquis didn't touch the clot at all according to repeat ultrasound, so I see a vascular surgeon Thursday.  The risk of complications is significant.  Two other veins are now carrying the flow fairly well, no swelling or pain if I wear the graduated compression knee sock.  Perhaps one more thing to limp to the finish line with, I hope. 

I have the Listeroid and wood base a bath today, total scrub down and degrease, TSP and rinse.  I'm going to re-paint the base after it dries out well, it's fine but needs some new paint. I'm now a fan of Behr's Premium Plus latex for everything not underwater.  With a respirator I can do it myself.

vdubnut62

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 02:43:17 PM »
I do hope  all do well and have a speedy recovery with optimal outcome!!!
Thoughts and Prayers.
Ron
"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men."   Plato.

"Remember, every time a child is responsibly introduced to the best tools for the protection of freedoms, a liberal weeps for the safety of a criminal." Anonymous

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 05:27:41 PM »
Just had my go at the hospital (UC San Francisco) for getting the cancerous half of my liver taken out.  OMG.  I'd have thought that they would have some modern pain meds by now.  I don't have the common receptors for all the opioid based drugs, and my alternative - Tylenol 500  (with half a liver, 500 is all I can have)  did nothing.   So i'm slowly coming back up to speed myself

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2019, 05:55:22 PM »
Hey Mike,
I thought I was the only one who couldn't do opioids.  Likewise, my liver function and gut make NSAIDs a bust.  Pot takes the edge off for me, though I can't handle that too often or vertigo gets bad, and I can only handle the high CBD, very low THC stuff.  I've been using the same 1.5 oz for 3 years and counting. 

I hope you cheat death and the remains of your liver stay cancer free for a long, long time.

Bruce

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2019, 06:18:07 PM »
i had a friend take the big pill yesterday.  I was going to stop by today.

This world just marches right on whether you're in step or not.  Next keyboard action is writing a friend that is recovering from a double lung reduction surgery.  Most of us that smoke or have smoke for very long have enlarged lungs.  It's how the respiratory system copes with super contaminated air.  Then as we age and don't breath as heavy our lungs don't get all of the moisture pumped out and problems start building.  Don't worry, I'm not going to get on my soapbox about the conspiracy to commit mass murders by the tobacco industry today.

Steve's decision was his. 

Good bye Steve.

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2019, 04:49:13 AM »
Well Glort,

I'm surprised to hear you're a confessed grumpy bastard.  Only 11 more steps to go.  I have only one name on my birth certificate and I have bad moments / days but I'll not be confessing to anything more here.

Step One of the soapbox.  When someone hires people to pretend they are medical doctors to encourage you use their product or service it's called conspiracy.  When the end result is or often is death it's called murder.  When thousands of people suffer this same end it's call mass murder.

When someone hires people to pretend or are just plain science quacks to debunk good solid science based on thousands, yes, thousands of absolutely valid studies to discourage you from using good judgement it's called ......

Many people are surprised to learn that some years more people die from legitimate pharma drugs than those supplied by the illegal cartels in the state of Washington, USA.

But wait;  Bob is our mission.  If you want to start a new thread I'll contribute. Perhaps there is a more appropriate server?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2019, 08:17:10 AM »
Nah, stick it all on here, Casey!

I know this site started with Listeroids and CS's, but all the diversions keep it interesting. There are other sites, whos moderators call for a new topic every time the form or pitch of a bolt changes - or heaven forbid, mention of a left hand thread occurs, God bless em. (Thanks for the forbearance, Ade)

Here you can ask about your 'E' mates health, rant about Fedex and ignore all the stuff you don't like.

Personally I like to know what Ed Dee has been building, am vaguely interested in Glort's dad's scrapyard and will happily read posts on genny trouble shooting and building circuits with Mosfets - for years I thought that was a suburb of Khartoum , even though I'm still electrically challenged.

The posts I don't like I don't read.

We're all a little odd, a little to opinionated some times, some of us more than others, I very much doubt many of us will ever meet in the real world, thank Christ!

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2019, 08:55:51 AM »
Hi Guys, please don`t panic. Had the operation, a few minor complications but all sorted out now. Still no idea if the surgery will have helped with the nerve damage so I`ll just have to wait and see.

I won`t be posting much anytime soon as I can`t do much and typing is very slow one handed.

Bob

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2019, 12:30:39 PM »
 Well I will give you a few reasons why.
All is fine if your one of the hand full of  regulars here but if your an outsider this site is like walking into a loud  honkytonk bar, all is Grande if your a regular but it isn't a great place for a stranger to ask for directions.
Believe it or not there are people who come here due to the topics at  hand, I am one.  The host has graciously provided many forums here where just about anything can be talked about. I just did a quick look and about half the topics on page one  here are on the wrong place and most of the ones where the original post was in the right place go off on so many tangents that they cannot be followed unless one has half a day to spend looking at a screen.  There are some people who dont have that time, or the desire to do so,,,,apparently a lot of them when one looks at the statistics here.

As it is this forum  works well enough for the handful of regulars who appearantly spend hours here every day and maybe a few who just like confusion. But  it is a far piece from ideal for anyone else and thats the bottom line as far as I am concerned .

I have been around here a while but am here less and less because I don't need this place to have companionship , nor do I need a place to spout about my daily life.  Nor do I have the desire to spend half my day on here sorting through every topic and every post to see if there are questions I can help with. 

Why have all the forums, just put everything in one catch all forum and be done with it,,,,

Well, you asked,,,,

Bob, glad to read you are OK
« Last Edit: May 07, 2019, 02:36:14 PM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Willw

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2019, 04:40:19 PM »
Hi Bob, glad to know you're OK; had me worried there for a minute.

I wish you a speedy recovery.
Daily driver '97 GMC W4 tipper on WVO/Kerosene mix.
6/1 clone standby generator.
Too many projects.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2019, 09:02:54 AM »
Hi Guys, thanks for the encouragement. I fully understand how Glort`s mate feels, I hate hospitals, even if they are a necessary part of getting old. Sadly I will be seeing much more of them in the near future as my Wife is having a full hysterectomy next week! She will be in hospital for around five days and then be incapacitated for many months while she recovers. So, despite my own problems I am going to have to be nurse Bob, cleaner Bob and chef Bob for a few months. Don`t be too surprised if you hear that my Wife wants a divorce, the house is a mess and my cooking has given us botulism!

Hey Bruce, I`m sorry to hear that you are also having to be hospitalized. I worry about how that is going to go for you, the amount of electronic apparatus in hospitals is mind blowing. Have they offered to put you in a Faraday cage?

Hey Mike, sorry to hear you too have been under the knife. I was lucky because pain medications work for me, I cannot begin to imagine what it must have been like for you with out them.

Good health to all and a speedy recovery to those less fortunate.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2019, 09:53:00 AM »
Hey Glort, hope you stay lucky, life is short make the most of it and to hell with the consequences.

Bob