Author Topic: Hi I am new here .  (Read 1594 times)

oldtime

• View Profile
Hi I am new here .
« on: April 06, 2019, 03:35:32 AM »
Greetings from Australia .
Yes I have rusty metal syndrome .....
Just finished a ronaldson and tippet ck twn cylinder 27 hp diesel .. now for my next project . Lister JP3 !  It's a bit sad but will endavour to put a smile back on .  It's an industrial engine . It will require a few bits .  Liners and pistons maybe .  I am still assessing the bits .  I might c it I can use some listeroid liners but will c .  Thank God I have a machine shop . It's going to need some help . I have been scraping the oil of the outside looking for the sump plug !  Still looking . Got to there somewhere !!! Anyway back to the filth hellow to all

oldtime

• View Profile
Re: Hi I am new here .
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2019, 02:40:47 AM »
Canberra. Just counting the new studs to be made. Never mind all the right nuts to make .... Looks not to bad so far . Liners might just .  Might cheat and put on the smaller whitworth nuts . I will look into my stock .I made a few extras last time . I am doing this on my phone . Any easy way to post pictures ?

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Hi I am new here .
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2019, 09:30:35 AM »
Hello Oldtime, welcome to the forum. Nice to find another victim of oldenginitis. Pictures are easy to post, there is a button called "Attachments and other options" just below where you type your text. If you click on this button it should give you options to post pictures, provided you can remember where you stored them.

With regards to spare parts you should look up Rob at Old Timer Engines in Petrie, Queensland. Failing that contact Gary at Diesel Electric Services in the USA.

Bob