Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1604 times)

contaucreek

• View Profile
Hello
« on: March 31, 2019, 02:24:06 PM »
Hi guys. Its been a few years since I posted last but I pop in for a look every once in a while. Nothing new in the engine dept. I might pull my 6/1 heavy wheels out and finish the rebuild (head was done 10 years ago). It is a rad model. The 16/2 in my avitar still lives here.
Actually there is a new one, an FR1 with a 6000w 110/220 direct coupled.
Its been a tough few years taking care of my ailing Mom who passed in January. Life can start again now so if any engine work is underway I will surely post it.
Take care all! 👋
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

Boxelder

• View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2019, 01:43:11 AM »
Same. Mom’s turning 80 at the end of April and dad’s not far behind. Fortunately they’re both in extremely good health, and they’re certainly enjoying their first and only grandchild.  But time is a cruel mistress, and I’m looking sideways at the calendar willing it to just hold up for a minute.  If I could pause my life right now I would, but that would interrupt the journey which is supposed to be more important than the destination.

On a very happy note, just today I got my Monarch 10EE lathe up and running!  It’s a 1950’s model, and lived most of its life at NASA Redstone in Huntsville, Alabama. I wish I could have a list of parts it made for the space program.

I love old machines of every kind. They smell right.

cobbadog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2019, 06:23:38 AM »
Very sorry for your loss and I can really sympathize with you as I have lost both Ma n Pa which now makes me the Patriarch of our whole mob, WOW, never wanted the position but being the oldest male in the mobI'm it!
Coopernook - the centre of our Universe.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2019, 11:35:12 AM »
Welcome back Contaucreek, I to am sorry for your loss and understand the personal anguish and pain that goes with that loss. In time the pain will fade but the loss will not, instead it will slowly turn to happy memories of the times you spent, the laughs you had and the memories and stories you shared. Remember her when you are trying to advise the mob you now lead, she taught you well, have trust in what she taught you.

Bob