Author Topic: Cooper engine circa 1925  (Read 1554 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Cooper engine circa 1925
« on: March 18, 2019, 10:44:32 AM »
Hi Guys, I had a very interesting outing with a mate of mine who took me to a shed in the middle of nowhere. The owner of this shed collects antique diesel tractors, he has dozens, all of which he has painstakingly restored to as new condition!

He also has a few old stationary engines which I would be interested in buying, so does anyone have any idea what a Cooper/Stover petrol engine made in the 1920`s is worth? See photos.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Re: Cooper engine circa 1925
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 10:37:17 AM »
Hi Buddy, While I was there I found three stationary engines, the first was the Cooper in the photos. The second was a complete Cooper 32 volt lighting plant which sadly is seized. The third is a Ronald and Tippets engine. I will probably be going back to see Tom the octogenarian owner next week, so I will let you know what the score is and try to take some more photos.

I suspect that Tom sees these as his children and wants them to go to a good home, so price is not the main issue, it`s more a case of gaining his confidence and reassuring him they will be looked after.

Bob