Puppeteer

Author Topic: Before it's all over.....  (Read 8631 times)

guest22972

Before it's all over.....
« on: December 22, 2018, 12:55:46 PM »

Merry Christmas to every and all.  I hope you have  wonderful Christmas with loved ones and a great new year that brings all you want and more.

As pathetic as it may sound, this place and all of you bring me a lot of comfort and contentment. It's like a sanctuary of right thinking amount a world gone well past mad.
I love to log on here and see a long list of unread topics I can digest, learn from and then bore you all with my rants and carry on.
 I look at other forums and just shake my head in disbelief maybe most of all at the mindset so many have today. While we don't all agree here all the time, I never get that feeling to want to bang my head against a wall at someones way of thinking that shows they have no clue about life, the world and are obviously caught up in PC and modern thinking crap.

I'm sure I cause a few heads to be banged on walls but thanks for putting up with it or even just skipping on by. So many of you I'd like to meet and see you in your natural habitat and some I will make a point to annoy on their doorstep one day.

Thanks Ade for keeping the place going and providing an outlet and an internet family for many of us here.

Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you all!

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Before it's all over.....
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2018, 04:00:41 PM »
Ahhhhhhhhhh, Merry Christmas to whoever is holding glort.  And the rest of you as well.

.............??

I'm not paying any ransom.  Oh yeah; Happy New Year as well.

]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIWHWjddGsQ[url][/url]

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 04:05:54 PM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

guest23837

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2018, 04:16:57 PM »
Happy Christmas to you and your family Glort and all the best for 2019

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.

Max Ehrmann

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2018, 06:42:43 PM »
Ditto to all of that,
Cheers,
Peter

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2018, 09:47:21 PM »
All the best from the Pyrenees, keep it coming in '19!

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2018, 10:19:34 PM »
Ok glort, you got me,

The last friend that was being held in London because his wallet had been stolen and he couldn't pay his hotel bill - I did offer to send $14.37 by regular mail.  They didn't send me an address?

We are in "the season" now so I don't wear red when I go to town.  "No lady, no one has ever asked me if I play Santa?"  "My PO won't let me."

« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 10:21:53 PM by LowGear »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

guest23837

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 11:10:34 PM »
I bought a Lister AC1 OR AD1 not sure which yet attached to a pump on a trolley for €60.00 Its a present from me to me almost stolen its electric start and there's some type of seized belt drive compressor on the front that's connected to the air intake. I might start a new thread on this machine sorry I reverted to diesel talk so quickly Glort!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2018, 06:47:45 AM »
Merry Christmas to you all, here`s a video link that then green washed are going to hate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0W1ZZYIV8o

You can`t alter the facts and figures so I guess we`ll have to stick with diesel for now  :laugh:

Bob

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2018, 01:21:32 AM »
'Twas the night before Christmas and all along the border
The illegals were stirring, no papers in order
A wall was prevented by democrats who "care"
In hopes that their new voters will soon be there....
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2018, 03:17:48 AM »
The idea of a wall is appealing in concept for those who haven't really studied the southern border, or visited the communities that straddle the boarder, most in complete peace and harmony and without criminals.  Big Bend National park is just one area that helps explain why it is not so simple, and is likely a huge waste of money.

Border security could be improved greatly in many other ways, for a whole lot less.  Cut the spending on nuclear weapons upgrades and you could fund it easily and a whole lot more.

The military secures area 51 and many other large secure facilities extremely well without building massive walls. 

I don't want my tax money (and the future debt put on niece's and nephew's children) squandered on ill considered fantasies. We are running a HUGE deficit, value of my fixed income and savings keeps falling, and my food bill keeps rising.

There are many bigger threats.

guest23837

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2018, 08:50:41 AM »
Israel built a huge wall between them and Palestine doesn't seem to have done much good the Palestinians are tunnelling under it and they  aren't tunnelling to Israel for jobs picking fruit or cleaning offices. It's technology that's finding the tunnels.
Ireland is a very small country with a land border with the UK of 300 odd miles. In March there will be a border of sorts not a hard border but a technological border with cameras, drones and satellites.
Hadrians wall, The walls of Jericho, the great wall of China all vanity projects that were breached. It's medieval technology like the trebuchet and nobody thinks they are the first weapon of choice for 100's of years. Of course walling people out means you wall yourself in.
Glort the man is a liar, a womaniser, a cheat and a megalomaniac

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2018, 05:34:06 PM »
glort, glort, glort,

Just accept you don't get it.  Just as surely as I don't understand, I mean I don't get his supporters.  Life has mysteries. 

How about that heat wave in the South.  Yup!  It's Trumps fault.

Cheers,
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

basewindow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 10:52:23 PM »
President Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe springs to mind. Any male born before 1990 would be classed as a womaniser now. The mainstream media hates Trump over here, not a day goes by when there isnt a Trump ridicule story on each TV channel and probably a dozen on the Left wing dominated ABC. Some ppl just cant handle that he actually got in and that he and the majority of others seem to have a different opinion to theirs. So they wage a war of character assassination dredging up crap from 20 or 30 years before, judging yesterdays standards by todays PC rubbish. You only have to watch a show over here on ABC  called Q&A to see what a PC fantasy land these fools live in, and want or demand the rest of us should live in as well. University educated, never held a real job in their lives and living off the welfare of the rest. Makes we want to reach into the TV and give them the well deserved belt around the head they need. Rant over. Gone bit off topic.  Merry Christmas all.
1953 CS Lister 3.5hp, 1938? Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1962 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434.

guest23837

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2018, 12:06:16 AM »
President Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe springs to mind. Any male born before 1990 would be classed as a womaniser now. The mainstream media hates Trump over here, not a day goes by when there isnt a Trump ridicule story on each TV channel and probably a dozen on the Left wing dominated ABC. Some ppl just cant handle that he actually got in and that he and the majority of others seem to have a different opinion to theirs. So they wage a war of character assassination dredging up crap from 20 or 30 years before, judging yesterdays standards by todays PC rubbish. You only have to watch a show over here on ABC  called Q&A to see what a PC fantasy land these fools live in, and want or demand the rest of us should live in as well. University educated, never held a real job in their lives and living off the welfare of the rest. Makes we want to reach into the TV and give them the well deserved belt around the head they need. Rant over. Gone bit off topic.  Merry Christmas all.

Trump won the election on the college vote system NOT the popular or majority vote. 56.9% of the people eligible to vote actually voted so trump actually got 27% of the total votes available to registered voters. If there was an election today he would get less than 20%!
Do you think a rape, a robbery a murder or any crime can be overlooked because it happened 20 or 30 years ago?
Finally wanting to reach into a television to physically attach someone that actually has a fuckin brain says a lot about you

dax021

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2018, 04:49:02 AM »
Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning.  No one was speaking about rape or murder.