Author Topic: Nice 6/1 for sale  (Read 2710 times)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
Nice 6/1 for sale
« on: November 29, 2018, 03:56:26 AM »
Nice CS for someone, has cooling tank and large fuel tank: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/rosenthal-heights/collectables/old-lister-motor/1202143158

Bob

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: Nice 6/1 for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 05:43:03 AM »
Good price too IMHO

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 07:25:13 AM »
It`s very tempting Mike but I think I should finish the one I`ve got before antagonizing the Wife by buying another.

Bob

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 07:28:12 AM »
+1

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 11:45:51 AM »
Dear Santa Glort you are one sick, manipulative SOB, can`t wait to see you, hopefully in the new year.  :laugh:

Don`t imagine Narelle is going to fall for any of that sadly. She spent twenty years running London pubs and has heard every hard luck story there is. She even threw Pierce Brosnan (James Bond at the time) out of one for being disrespectful to her staff. You will need to come up with something infinitely more convincing and devious to have any chance at all!

When she ran the Angel in Highgate, North London, one evening we had David Soul come in the pub. (remember Starsky and Hutch?) He had just been found guilty of wife beating in the USA. My Wife went over and explained to him he was welcome and would be protected, provided he behaved himself and treated the staff and other customers with respect. He was a regular for the next six months, while he was working in London's west end. No trouble at all, even used to bring his dog with him.

Some how, even junkies and wife beaters understand and obey the rules if you lay them out clearly enough, Narelle is one of those people that can explain the reality of life in very few words. I remember her introducing me to her unofficial bouncers, one was called Keith the other Scouse, they had both done twenty years in jail for armed robbery and murder. Two of the nicest and most well adjusted human beings I have ever met, their fearsome reputation kept Narelle and I from harm until we came to Australia, all at no cost other than welcoming them and treating them with the same respect and courtesy as any other customer.

Thanks for trying,

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »
Hey Buddy the good news is I won`t be bidding against you, good luck, hope you get it, it needs a good home with loving parents.

When I went to pick mine up, I hired a trailer from Bunnings. Cost me $40 for 24 hours. My wife towed it up to Queensland and back and returned it the following day. Very much doubt they have any idea we did more than 1000 Km with their trailer.  :laugh:

Loaded it with a couple of planks and some ratchet straps.

Bob