Author Topic: What's this really worth?  (Read 4092 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
What's this really worth?
« on: November 26, 2018, 08:52:42 PM »
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

broncodriver99

• View Profile
Re: What's this really worth?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 09:28:21 PM »
Looks like a pretty fair price to me depending on condition. Especially since it is already on the Island.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 02:45:07 PM »

+1 Looks like the right price for that equipment
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 05:03:49 PM »
Thanks for your consideration.  I just came across it and thought that's a lot of equipment for $500.  Thankfully I moved past the backup generator project realizing that we just didn't need one unless something really dreadful happens.  Like the California or Australia fires.  Thank goodness the fires in California are over and they can get back to "normal".  I wonder what the normal will be?
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 07:22:03 AM »
Hey Glort, completely understand all your paranoia about not having the right equipment when you need it. Better to have it and never need it than to need it and not have it.

Got to feel sorry for those poor buggers in Queensland, catastrophic fires raging and we haven`t even got to summer proper. I`ve read reports of the police forcibly evacuating people against their will, things are that bad that they will drag you away in hand cuffs rather than let you stay. Wonder what the human rights campaigners will make of that? Can`t see the lawyers queuing up to sue the police for saving lives.

Talking of watering the lawn, I`ve got to go water the veggie patch.

Bob

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 07:24:45 AM »
.........Thank goodness the fires in California are over and they can get back to "normal".  I wonder what the normal will be?

Preaching mode on.   The fire season here is over, now the mudslide season starts.

Normal in the <1600's in California, was wide spaced trees with grass and islands of brush.  The native americans annually burned the grass and maintained the environment to provide habitat for game (their dinner !)  Then the aliens came along, cut trees and then forest service came along and decreed All fire must be extinguished Immediately least the forest burn up.   So now there's 80 years of underbrush and when a fire starts, it's got 80 years of dry fuel to burn. 

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 07:34:10 AM »
Same problem here in Australia Mike. The indigenous Aboriginal peoples used fire very successfully as a land management tool, then the white man arrived with a whole bunch of environmentalists and f*cked everything up.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 12:12:35 PM »
Trees have their place, in forests or as windbreaks. Trouble is the human population is growing so fast that we have to build housing in forested areas. Bad for the environment and bad for people. Anyone for outlawing procreation? Guessed not, so some trees have to go. I`ve always believed that if you need to cut down a tree you should be made to plant three more somewhere more appropriate. Safe and environmentally wise. Doubt any council or government agency have the wit or imagination to implement such a simple policy.

Bob

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2018, 10:45:45 PM »
Many years ago some genius suggested pumping all the waste water from Sydney inland and using it for irrigation, could probably support a few trees. The environmentalists opposed the idea claiming that the water would be contaminated and poison the environment.

So we now pump it out to sea where it poisons the ocean then go swimming in it!

Great result.

Bob

LowGear

• Casey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 05:36:34 PM »
What a great morning.  I wake up to discover the villains of the modern world.  Trees.  Yup it's the victims fault.

Anyone for outlawing procreation? Guessed not.
  Hmmmmm.  Me neither but we all know what the worldwide problem is.  Just too many people and it's still growing.
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator