Puppeteer

Author Topic: Spotted for Sale  (Read 2921 times)

guest23837

guest23837

Re: Spotted for Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
Id say not Glort but wouldn't it make a super Christmas present to yourself?

guest23837

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 01:43:57 PM »
I'd be the same Dave I try to keep participation to a minimum. There's always something I want to watch on TV in the other room. I will go to church and give the wife a few gifts.
I got a little bit of work this weekend replacing the starter on a silent Chinese generator. Problem is it's permanently in the back of a 28 foot insulation truck. The top bolt on the starter is blocked with ducting so a 15 minute job has became a major headache, took 2 hours to get the bugger out and it will take an hour to replace it. Of course being Chinese it has a couple of secret fastenings and it's not all that well made. It's a horrible hoor and whilst the few quid will come in useful it's hard earned. Nobody round here willing to take it on.
 I can't afford the alternator and I have nothing capable of driving it if I could afford it.

guest23837

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 08:35:52 AM »
My missus likes a certain French perfume that has cost me €126.00 for the equivalent measure to a good shot of whiskey. Apparently that's not really a present it's a stocking filler but she hasn't worn stockings in years! There are a few things I'd like such as a good LED torch/hand lamp and diabetic loose fitting socks plus a brake pipe flaring tool. On the plus side we will have plenty to eat, heat and light something many people don't have. Ireland is a really wealthy country yet we have food banks, homeless shelters and soup kitchens, this seems odd to me so we will give a bit to those with less than we have. Time to assemble this Chinese junk, I mean generator.

guest23837

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2018, 04:23:17 PM »
Diabetic socks have a kind of stretchy knitted leg that is quite loose. Hard to describe I hate short socks and modern ones seem to be made for supermodels with sticks for legs. Thank God I have good feet so far. The brake pipe tool I want does SAE and DIN both single and double flares and it will do copper and steel lines. I hope the wife reads this!

old seagull man

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 03:52:21 AM »
This can not be allowed, no man, should suffer such, a horrendous indignity.
Its time for us all to gather around our brother and crowd fund a pipe flaring tool with multiple dies.

We can not let this man go though life, unflared and unloved.

Put me down of $10.

OSM
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 07:06:48 AM by old seagull man »

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 06:56:21 AM »
Dear Santa Glort what I want for Christmas is: only joking.  :laugh:

Bob

guest23837

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2018, 09:50:58 AM »
That post of Glorts is brilliant really made me laugh thanks mate!