Author Topic: New project maybe?  (Read 1977 times)

guest23837

New project maybe?
« on: November 19, 2018, 12:24:55 PM »
I find myself strangely attracted to this...

https://www.donedeal.ie/plantmachinery-for-sale/lister/20336240

Any comments?

guest23837

Re: New project maybe?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »
Parts are cheap enough in the UK Glort but many sellers only send registered because of the amount of "lost" mail. The costs can really mount up. It's a nice idea to get it running truthfully it would be cheaper to buy one. I'm an addict too!

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2018, 05:48:22 PM »
I notice the seller states that it is seized so budget for possibly a new piston, cylinder liner, and maybe even a crankshaft re-grind with new bearings (if water got into the crankcase).
Without further investigation, you may end up paying more than if you had bought an engine that was already rebuilt.

Veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
SR1 Startomatic with a Brush generator head. Yes please!  :)

Gary at DES in the USA has all spares for these engines, including oversize pistons and under size bearing shells The generator head would be fairly bomb proof apart from the brushes and old selenium rectifiers. Does it come with the separate control panel? 

99 Euros is that right?

Bob

guest23837

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 09:08:34 PM »
Yes thats the price €99  he is supposed to email me more photos. He has a starting handle for it too so the price is good (I think) I am waiting for the photos before committing to anything. There was a guy selling new old stock ex cop machines same as these for £650 which is about €750 so research needed bit I do want it!

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 04:42:32 AM »
When I did my ST2, it was also seized, found that water had got into the piston and rusted everything solid. Crankshaft, camshaft and everything inside the crankcase was OK, I still replaced the bearings but no regrinding was needed.

Bob

guest23837

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2018, 08:42:27 AM »
I rang the local engineering works to ask about a rebore and regrind of the shaft. Guy said they are "up to their tits" in work and they couldn't do anything this year. They reckon €250.00 to do the work.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »
Hey Johndoh, if you buy this, there is every chance the crankshaft, camshaft and etc will be fine. You might find it quicker to simply buy a new piston and cylinder rather than having the old one re-bored.

When you strip it down check the oil pump plunger. Mine was badly worn where the camshaft runs against it. I did track down a replacement but they wanted $500 plus postage. I ordered a piece of 5/8 silver steel and made a replacement, cost me about $15.

Bob