Puppeteer

Author Topic: feed in tariff  (Read 2684 times)

vegoil

• View Profile
feed in tariff
« on: October 20, 2018, 11:22:36 AM »
Is there anyone in the UK that is getting feed in tariff for using WVO or know if its available?
just an idea for someone!

John

vegoil

• View Profile
Re: feed in tariff
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2018, 02:27:04 PM »
I am sure you are rite (I was just thinking out loud)

John

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2018, 11:49:10 PM »
I  don't know about the UK, but here in Holland I have solar panels so they expect me to feed back. I have a 3 fase MOTOR hooked up to the lister and it feeds back with minimum losses. And itīs save if the grid is gone the field is gone so no power.
Until now you can feed back what you use and get the full price deduction from your bill if you feed back more... itīs just pennys.
I even use the motor to start the lister.

Never understood why they were rectifieing and than feed it to a solar/wind sunnyboy/windy boy so much losses.

Greetings Bernhard

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 01:21:48 AM »
Hey glort, around here all the houses have in principle 3 fase, If you have one fase you just use one fase the nabours the other etc. Nowadays all new houses have standart three fase.
And I have seen a video of a guy feeding back with a three fase motor succesfully but I don't think it lasted very long.
If you have three fases it's the cheapest and easiest way to feed back.

gr bernhard

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 03:32:02 PM »
Now they tend to be only doing single phase but taking the connection up to 80A.  it's mainly cost. They build homes as cheap and flimsy as they can get away with these days.

80A? That's not much. I think in some parts of the US 100A may still be standard, but around here 200A in the minimum for new construction and retrofit. They are building some larger houses with 400A. I can't imagine what the heck they need that much current for.

We have the same deal with single/split phase being standard.

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 05:59:32 PM »
I think the different in amps is hidden in the voltage australia 220/240 and us 110. So you need half the amps to get the same power.

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 06:39:44 PM »
I think the different in amps is hidden in the voltage australia 220/240 and us 110. So you need half the amps to get the same power.

Maybe, I am not familiar with the electrical supply standards outside of the US other than 50 vs 60 Hz. What is the leg to leg voltage of the incoming service?

We use split phase for residential. The service is 240V L to L but we use a Neutral to get the 120V. Larger appliances/loads all use 240V. It is only the smaller items that use the 120V which is one leg of the 240 to Neutral.

Our 3 phase is a different story. We have a few different flavors(voltages) depending on light commercial, heavy commercial, industrial, etc. 

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 07:08:56 PM »
More important for health is the grounding practice and whether transformer isolation and single point grounding per transformer winding is violated, making the earth/aquifer a conductor.  Much of the world is using the techical  abomination of Wye multipoint grounding, with transformer isolation violated (by the "ground tie").  This causes ELF magnetic fields to be 100x higher than necessary.  In areas with Delta power and transformer per home, even homes with modest street setbacks and power on poles on the street have background ELF magnetic fields below 0.002 milligaus.  It is not uncommon to see home lots above 1 milligaus in Wye served areas. (Solely from neutral current through the earth, with power to the home off.) 

Much of world violates basic good engineering practice in the grounding of their power system.  Saving a few bucks by allowing the power co. to use the home grounding electrode prompted this move in the US in the 1930's, according to Zipse.  According to Zipse, when quizzed, 85% of EE's don't believe that the existing system is possible, since it's such an abortion.  I certainly didn't, until seeing a huge magnetic field and measuring 0.1 amps of current flowing to my to-code-grounded well pump, with main power off!

broncodriver99

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2018, 01:59:19 AM »
We have the same issue with the supplied voltage being high. I usually see 125-127V on the 120 line and 246-248 on 240 line.

My house here has 3 Phase and 80A feed in so I have a total draw capacity of 60,000W in total.
That would be about $18 an hour if I could suck all that down.

Got it, that 3rd leg is what makes the difference. A standard 200A single phase service here is 48,000W. At least if I use all 48,000W it only costs $5.76 an hour.  :P  :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 02:03:50 AM by broncodriver99 »