Author Topic: Tl2 running fault  (Read 1653 times)

Darren moom

• View Profile
Tl2 running fault
« on: October 18, 2018, 11:01:01 PM »
Hi all.. first post from me!
I have a tl2 which used to run 2 hydraulic pumps. It's now just a naked stationary engine for me, which is all I want it for.
It was full of dirt after being stood for a few year's, I have cleaned the fuel system fully and got it to start, but it's straight to flat out and only way to stop it is crack the injectors.
Should it idle? Or is could it be governed to run flat out.
Is there a way I can check or alter how it runs?
Thanks for reading this  far!

oldgoat

• View Profile
Re: Tl2 running fault
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 05:40:55 PM »
It is most likely fixed speed and the hydraulic pumps were variable displacement. You used to be able to get variable speed parts. Before you do find out the build No(last 3 numbers on the engine spec plate) to ensure you get the right parts and check that the pump rack is free and not binding.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Tl2 running fault
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 12:38:58 AM »
Your governor and or pump racks are likely stuck in place. Whether fixed speed or variable, most common on pump drives, does not matter. Pull the side cover under each fuel pump and make sure there is free travel fore and aft. The governor and both pumps must be freely moving for the governing system to operate. Stuck pumps are very common, and the remedy is to remove and clean out or rebuild the pump itself.
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations