Puppeteer

Author Topic: Smoking/Ecigs (split from: Losing the will .....)  (Read 8526 times)

Willw

• View Profile
Re: Smoking/Ecigs (split from: Losing the will .....)
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2018, 02:48:48 AM »
Now see what you did  :police:
Daily driver '97 GMC W4 tipper on WVO/Kerosene mix.
6/1 clone standby generator.
Too many projects.

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2018, 08:40:09 AM »
Don't know about extracting the cash with a shotgun but you'd probably need one to get an Ocker to swallow anything decent like Guinness.....

Cheers
Stef
Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

sirpedrosa

• 21NOV2019 - Finally I hear that sound... again
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2018, 09:04:43 AM »

Now you pretty much come out and berate people for not giving you what you want in the manner you demand it. 

It seems to escape you that peoples help here or any other site is VOLUNTARY. You get it great, you don't, well there is no obligation on anyones part.
Do what the rest of us have to do and figure it out for yourself it you can't or are not prepared to find the info you want. It's called learning.

I apologize to everyone if I was misunderstood.

I do not want to force anyone to do anything. The notion I have of the forum is that anyone has more knowledge than I do.

I have no aspiration of arrogance at all.

Understand that the question of potatoes was to begin to adapt to the status quo of the forum, at least I wondered how to break the ice.

I wish a sunny Sunday for everyone.
Pedrosa
By order of firing up:
Bernard 18A - 1968 (mama's water pump - year of my birth)
Petter PAZ1 - Jun 1967, 3HP, sn 416xxxx
Petter PAZ1 - Nov 1979, 3HP, sn 425xxxx
Lister 12/2 - 12651227, the pearl!
Deutz MAH 914, 1952 - Zündfix in chamber and go (7Mai2023).

guest23837

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2018, 10:16:24 AM »
A forum is a means to exchange views and ideas and to discuss and debate issues relative to the members of that forum.  It's not a place where people go to simply answer questions or pass on literature it would be a very dull and short lived exercise if thats what it was. A lot of the time you dont need a manual for every job on a stationary they are basically the same so a Lister LD 1 manual will have enough information for you to work on an LD2 an SL1 or 2 etc. If you really need a manual "Internal Fire" has what you need for a small donation or become a supporter and download them all. There are also a few stationary engine sites that sell reprints of manuals for a small fee. To paraphrase Groucho Marx "i did answer your question i just didnt give you the answer you wanted"

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2018, 11:29:20 AM »
Johndoh

Said that way I take my hat off...

BR
Pedrosa
By order of firing up:

guest23837

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2018, 03:40:36 PM »
Have to agree with Glort again (dammit) Most of those old engines were designed to be maintained by their owner an illiterate farmer/peasant/serf etc with few tools. They are well made and thats half the battle. You do get a feel for how tight a nut or bolt should be as a rule and tolerances aren't near as critical as what the purists tell you.

My first car was a Morris Oxford horrible car that required loads of things being done to it constantly. My second car was a Hillman Imp not a lot better but after 3 months of owning the imp I knew I could do a lot of my own maintenance and I still do. Cars have changed surprisingly little in real terms in the last 100 years especially the mechanical aspects. Diesel engines now have turbos inter-coolers common rails electronic injectors and ecu's  but its still a diesel engine.

guest23837

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2018, 03:42:42 PM »
Don't know about extracting the cash with a shotgun but you'd probably need one to get an Ocker to swallow anything decent like Guinness.....

Cheers
Stef

Stef, I had to look up Ocker thanks for the new word this forum is indeed educational! I drink bourbon myself!

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2018, 05:12:56 PM »
my good fellwos

I'm an illiterate. period.

And from what I only remember I asked for manuals - luckily they will have the tolerances and torques - and torque values.  I asked for help and opinion. I even asked for an opinion on the design of the alignment of the CAV pump control rod - and no one answered.

I took the finger tight advice ... and then went to see how much lbs / ft was. An improvement...

I would like you to realize that we are certainly on different continents - not to mention countries - and i think you can realise that the price of a part for some can be a bargain, and for me it can be very costly since I have to import it - not to mention in the difference of the economic level between countries.

My friends, I even had great difficulty in buying imperial spanners, not to mention nuts, bolts and everything else whether of British origin.

Have some patience, I am not here to censor you, only to gain knowledge - so you want to convey it.

Have a nice day.
Pedrosa
By order of firing up:

guest23837

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2018, 05:31:36 PM »
So I went on ebay.co.uk and typed in imperial spanners set the destination country as Portugal and viola! loads of people selling imperial spanners and sockets and posting them to Portugal. It's the ebay international postage rate but it's not excessive at about £9.00 QED

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2018, 10:03:33 PM »
Illiterate regarding stationary engines...

Please Glort, I think thats enough about kicking my ass.

Let's return to the main subject.

Have a nice week.
Pedrosa.
By order of firing up:

Willw

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2018, 02:01:41 AM »
Glort: Thank you for your concern; I share your views regarding a cure and treatment for cancer.
I wish the best for you and all members here. I will let you know how it goes.
Daily driver '97 GMC W4 tipper on WVO/Kerosene mix.
6/1 clone standby generator.
Too many projects.

guest23837

« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2018, 08:30:52 AM »
Willw I hope you get the best treatment you can get. My wife got a letter from the hospital on Friday the third in 3 years. She is on a list to see a  rheumatologist and every year they write to her to asking if she has recovered or had treatment somewhere else. You'd have to wonder what the record keeping is like, surely they would know if she had recovered or had treatment elsewhere? They require a reply within 7 days otherwise you lose your place on the list. Ireland is not a country you want to be in if you are unwell. 

guest23837

« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2018, 06:09:16 PM »
my good fellwos

I'm an illiterate. period.

And from what I only remember I asked for manuals - luckily they will have the tolerances and torques - and torque values.  I asked for help and opinion. I even asked for an opinion on the design of the alignment of the CAV pump control rod - and no one answered.

I took the finger tight advice ... and then went to see how much lbs / ft was. An improvement...

I would like you to realize that we are certainly on different continents - not to mention countries - and i think you can realise that the price of a part for some can be a bargain, and for me it can be very costly since I have to import it - not to mention in the difference of the economic level between countries.

My friends, I even had great difficulty in buying imperial spanners, not to mention nuts, bolts and everything else whether of British origin.

Have some patience, I am not here to censor you, only to gain knowledge - so you want to convey it.

Have a nice day.
Pedrosa

Illiterate is the wrong word ,maybe agnostic is closer?

sirpedrosa

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2018, 12:51:48 PM »
Hi Johndoh

Please, note that I only asked for help, I did not ask for adjectives.

Maybe that's why there are so few regulars.

BR
Pedrosa

By order of firing up:

guest23837

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2018, 02:41:15 PM »
Hi Johndoh

Please, note that I only asked for help, I did not ask for adjectives.

Maybe that's why there are so few regulars.

BR
Pedrosa

I think that statement sums you up perfectly, an illiterate person complaining about adjectives. Agnostic means "without knowledge" BTW.
There are plenty of regulars on here they don't always post on every visit. Your idea of help still seems to be getting copies of engine manuals emailed to you gratis. That doesn't seem to be happening!