Author Topic: Brush AC Generator  (Read 5370 times)

BMD505

• View Profile
Brush AC Generator
« on: November 06, 2015, 10:46:10 PM »
Hello, I am new to the world of proper generators having just purchased a Lister HR2 coupled to a Brush 16.25kva three phase alternator.  I have had the engine running fine, but the alternator is partially dismantled, apparently the AVR failed and was removed, a new AVR was purchased but never fitted.  What i would like to know is how to reconnect the AVR, other than using trial and error as there seem to to be a lot of floating wires and terminals undone, on the data plate there is reference to a connection diagram - E9840071 if that means anything to anyone? thanks in advance for any help. Tom

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Brush AC Generator
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2015, 09:32:27 AM »
I will take a look for that connection diagram...

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

BMD505

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2015, 06:53:48 PM »
Many thanks! Any help greatly received, all the best Tom

Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 03:25:04 PM »
Hi I have recently acquired a Lister - Brush Genset and am also looking for the same connection diagram.
It is a 22JA6A20 coupled to a Brush 100KVA Generator in great condition.
Connection Diagram E9840071
Frame No SOA 725
Mc No 2/74508 3

There is no AVR, just two wires coming out of exciter field with an ohms reading of 2.1
I am a farmer with limited electrical knowhow but believe some kind of AVR is needed. Just not sure which one!
By the way engine runs like a dream.
Brush Electric Company have been unable to help but if someone has the diagram or some advice it would be much appreciated

Regards Phil
NW. NSW Australia