How to / DIY > Generators

Lister ST2 with Brush 7KVA Generator

(1/6) > >>

alexm:
Hi,

I've got a Lister ST2 with a Brush 7KVA Start-o-matic attached. I think I have attached a selenium rectifier?

If I change it to a modern equivalent rectifier is there some instructions somewhere for to do?

thanks,

Alex

ajaffa1:
Hi Alexm, welcome to the LEF. Yes that is an old selenium rectifier and it` over fifty years old. You will find two more in the control panel. The one you have photographed is actually a bridge rectifier and should be replaced with a modern silicon bridge rectifier something like this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Durable-MDQ150A-150A-1600V-Full-Wave-Diode-Module-Single-Phase-Bridge-Rectifier/123151318385?epid=14019829297&hash=item1cac63fd71:g:5WkAAOSwqYZbBmAp

The new bridge rectifier will need to be mounted on a heat sink, a piece of 6 mm aluminium plate about 150 mm long by 50 mm wide should do nicely.

The two rectifiers in the control panel should be replaced with regular diodes.

Bob

alexm:
Hi Bob,

Thanks for the welcome!

It was actually made in 1978 but they made a lot with ST/SR model numbers stretching back to the sixties. It’s a single phase generator so I don’t think there any more rectifiers to worry about, is there?  ???

Is there some way to tell which way to wire it?

Thanks,

Alex

dieselgman:
What make on the generator portion? We should have all the wiring schematics and parts listings.

dieselgman

ajaffa1:
Hi Alexm, the attached drawing should get you going.

I would recommend getting drawings and a service manual

Bob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version