Author Topic: bryce pump on petter pj1 will not prime  (Read 536 times)

glort

• View Profile
Re: bryce pump on petter pj1 will not prime
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2019, 04:33:07 AM »
1. When fitting the replacement pump the spill timing should checked and set by removing the top union and fitting a spill pipe etc
    If this is not done, the cam thrust could be too high possibly breaking the plunger spring in the pump.

I find that unlikely unless the settings were ridiculously out.  Yeah, probably a good idea to check the timing but if you are screwing around with the pump will that be an out for them to cliam you damaged it if this one turns out to be crook?

2. The original problem could be contamination in the fuel keeping the delivery valve open.

Is there not a fuel filter in between the tank and the Pump?  If not, Id sure fit one. If there is the OEM, I'd fit at least an Inline disposable anyway.

3. The washer was most likely broken by my tightening the pipe nipple nut down too tight.

You'd have to be hauling pretty hard and be pretty stupid to torque it down to that degree.

rodc

• View Profile
Re: bryce pump on petter pj1 will not prime
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2019, 10:08:56 AM »
thanks to everyone who responded on this.
the pump has been replaced so I'll close this and raise a new question specifically about spill timing
hope  that's ok

Rod