Puppeteer

Author Topic: I GOT IT!!!  (Read 12625 times)

lastlaugh

• View Profile
Re: I GOT IT!!!
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2018, 03:00:12 PM »
Damn, hope all goes well for you. Please update us when you can.

(I wasnt aware Australia had this problem with wildfires)

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2018, 09:42:39 AM »
Thanks guys, we got through the last 24 hours OK. Fire is now licking at our boundary fence about half a kilometer away, a lot of smoke and ash falling but so far no falling embers.

Just counted another seven fire engines going up the road to fight the fire. Sadly the water bombing planes that have been flying all day don`t fly at night.

Got to admire the bravery and determination of the fire service that are willing to put themselves in harms way
to protect others, especially as 90% of them are volunteers and give their time and effort for free.

Just a quick photo over the roof of my home, stay safe,

Bob

dieselspanner

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2018, 12:26:12 PM »
Hang on buddy ,but don't forget that it's all replaceable except for you and the Mrs.............

Stef

Tighten 'til it strips, weld nut to chassis, peen stud, adjust with angle grinder.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2018, 12:36:48 PM »
Thanks Stef, the wind has died down and we are expecting the first rain in three months, coming in on Friday.
One day to get through and we should be OK.

We have the car loaded and pointed at the road, if we get the phone call we will be gone to a safe place. We will hose the house with all the water we have just before we leave.

Bob

lastlaugh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2018, 08:56:39 PM »
Bob, how are things going? Haven't heard from you. Hope all is well.

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2018, 12:01:19 AM »
Hey Guys, Yes we are still OK. We are still sandwiched between two bush fires but we had 10 mm of rain overnight. Expecting another 10 mm today and maybe 20 mm on Sunday. Hope It`s enough to control the fires and give the fire fighters a break.

High winds predicted for next week which could cause big problems again. So far the fires have burned some 8000 hectares.

The crazy  thing is I am still having to chop firewood to keep us warm at night. :laugh:

Bob