Puppeteer

Author Topic: Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat  (Read 6111 times)

saba

• View Profile
Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat
« on: July 15, 2018, 01:45:10 AM »
Maybe not the wright place for the topic but I thought changfa is the yanmar clone....
This Guy has a Yanmar set for sale with a 5 kw generator for 350E thats pfff 400 dollar us. I looked into it engine type is from the 70's so the set most likely is aswell. I am in it for the generator.
I want to couple it to a lister cs or va. And it's an hour drive.
Is a yanmar ts105c of some value after this time and how about a 40 year old generator it still can take some load. I don't have a megger tester at home but how does a generator behaves after so much time.

Wonder about your opinions.

Greetings Bernhard

mikenash

• View Profile
Re: Yanmar ts105c diesel aggregaat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2018, 09:37:49 AM »
Yep.  This little fellow in the pic I paid $290 for to get the Markon head and later sold the Briggs and Stratton motor for $280 . . .

You might even make a profit on it lol

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2018, 10:06:48 AM »
Yep, if it`s a Markon head made by Stamford it`s pretty nice tool. I serviced a 20 year old petrol generator with the same head today, probably good for another ten years. Used to find them in a lot of building site generators, sadly Stamford stopped making them, probably lasted too long so bad for business.

Bob

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2018, 11:43:30 AM »
Thanks guys I am confinced in the advert it says it's a runner. Just need to persuade the misses into agreeing.
I'll put some energy into it.

Bernhard

oldgoat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »
Its a lot easier to ask for forgivness after purchase than permission before I have found

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2018, 02:05:12 PM »
I think I woke up some foxes on the forum, the guy was contacted by english speaking guys, anyway I bought it. I will show you guys later.
Bernhard

guest23837

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2018, 09:03:46 PM »
Not everyone has a huge amount of disposable cash, plenty of people live payday to payday they are a new subclass just below the working class they are called the working poor. They don't show up on any statistics  for getting welfare etc even though plenty of people are employed on zero hour contracts or supposedly self employed in the gig economy. This is certainly the case for many people in Ireland, people working long hours for low wages and a burst tyre can mean they don't eat or get behind in their fuel or rent payments. Imagine whats it like to work 40 hours a week maybe commuting a couple of hours each each way on top of that and 60% of what you earn goes on rent so you end up eating bread and jam all week and fcuking sausages for Sunday dinner. I know not everyone lives like that but enough people do in the 14th richest country on the planet to irritate me irritate being the mildest word I can think of.
End of rant!

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »
Hey guys don't worry about me and the misses, it did not take any effort to confince her. I just got "the" look.

It's just that I don't live on a farm with big barns and sheds an acres of land but I act like I do.  Just bought a 100m2 shed out of town to store my stuff.

It's a fact I have way to much stuff and I should loose some "weight". A good start is to skip the good oppertunities and don't buy more junk.

I'll stop buying stuff after this one.....

Bernhard

saba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 02:42:02 AM »
Nice reply glort,

just for the record I've only been once to australia by accident. It's a place I could live. Felt at home straight away.
About my junk, holland is all about boats so apart from the bigger boat stuff I also have a sailing dingy a rubber boat dingy with outboard trailer etc. rebuild the house years back with all the tools wood and stuff bought but not installed. Then after that came the CHP lister madness. If I would put it on ebay and just buy back the stuff I needed when I need it that would be the solution.
Stupid example my father cleaned out his shed few years ago and he had a pile of old teakwood. big pieces from an old shop window frame. At least 100 years old.
You know where that ended up....
It's not garbage what I store it's just mini ebay.
Regards Bernhard

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2018, 04:30:30 AM »
Yep, if it`s a Markon head made by Stamford it`s pretty nice tool. I serviced a 20 year old petrol generator with the same head today, probably good for another ten years. Used to find them in a lot of building site generators, sadly Stamford stopped making them, probably lasted too long so bad for business.

Bob

G'day Bob.

I think we're talking about the same head

This one's a 6kW unit - although I don't need more than about 3kW

You can see it in pics attached here, dummied up to a shaft-and-coupling

And (thanks to our American friends) there's a John Deere pulley on there with an 8-rib micro-vee pattern which should drive nicely off the big wheel of the #2 CS

"A work in progress" as they say

I'm just typing this while waiting for my battery drill to cool down from drilling the M16 holes for the adjuster bolts lol

I know nothing about generator heads, really - so any wisdom around this one would be well-recieved

(And thanks for the various inputs I have already had on the subject)

Cheers, Mike

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2018, 06:45:30 PM »
Hey Glort, the pulley is a John Deere part and was surplus stock someone was clearing out.  Think I paid $30?  Just a lucky find.  It's about the right size to run the CS about 470 RPM and that was the attraction - I'd like to play with one running slowly.  Otherwise mirco-vee pulleys are expensive here too.

The belt will be about $120/130 I think

Maybe you should consider having a look on our TradeMe sometime to see what's there and what it costs?

Cheers

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 02:30:54 AM »
Yep.  When the Americans were still importing and running 'roids in the pre-EPA days I think there were a couple of specific maybe GM or Chev drive belts people used to use - common, cheap ones.  I had planned to talk to my neighbour down the road from work, the Toyota wrecker and see.  Cheers

ajaffa1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 11:12:10 PM »
Hi Mike, you can download the manual here for nothing http://www.hardydiesel.com/generator-ends/dl/markon-generator-manual.pdf

The excitation field is controlled by a condenser which can fail, replacements are available on fleabay. You may need to flash the generator if it`s been sat for a long time. Instructions are given in the manual.

Wish I could find me one of those.

Bob

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2018, 12:01:15 AM »
G'day Bob

I had googled all around trying to find a manual/PDF?something for that unit

The Hardydiesel link you sent me keeps coming up, but the units covered in there have very different names & I didn't know how to make a call on whether or not the had similar gubbins inside.  It covers

BL, NL, SL, TL, CL

BL105 Generator
NL105 Generator
SL105 Generator
TL105 Generator
CL105 Generator

Does your experience suggest some of these are enough "the same" for the detail in the PDF to be applicable?

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me; and apologies for "dumb questions"

If I see another I will advise you.  i don't think sea freight is that expensive?  I imported an ST-clone head from China a couple years back and both freight & customs were reasonable and do-able as long as you were patient

Cheers

mikenash

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2018, 12:57:57 AM »
Hi again Bob

Further to the above, and having sat down and printed off (old school) and read that manual - the BL 105 info seems to apply

What a wonderfully simple device it seems to be

Cheers