Author Topic: Engine dating  (Read 1273 times)

Philklincoln

• View Profile
Engine dating
« on: July 01, 2018, 04:44:09 PM »
I am new to this forum having just acquired a lister D petrol engine. The engine number is 10060DH 3 and it doesn't seem to conform to the usual
dating numbers. I would really like to know the year of manufacture. I am a model engineer and my intension is to reverse engineer this engine in 1/3 scale.
The only thing that appears to be missing is the Amal float chamber. If anyone could help with that I would be grateful.
Many thanks.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Engine dating
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 09:52:28 PM »
Hi Phil,

You have a 1953 D-type. I'm not sure what the "H" means, it may indicate the fuel, or it may be a sub-breed of "D" type, I don't know. The lads over at stationary-engine.net might be able to help you there.

If you google "Lister Engine Dating", IIRC the first link is to the late Peter Forbes' page, which lists the pre-1951 serial number ranges for all Lister engines; there's a link on that page to the scheme they use from 1951-1975, and from there a further link to the post-1975 system. There's a direct link from one of the threads in this forum (the SR2 question I believe).
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

Philklincoln

• View Profile
Re: Engine dating
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:05:37 AM »
Many thanks for your reply
Philklincoln