Author Topic: My Lister SOM Web Page  (Read 25868 times)

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: My Lister SOM Web Page
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2006, 01:33:00 AM »
Thats so....so....so.... beautiful sniff...sob... ;D

Thanks for sharing!
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2006, 03:53:05 AM »
wait till you see her tarted up and running... actually I can't wait to see it running too... will post an mpeg
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 09:24:51 PM »
Ok, last night I took the old style fuel filter appart.  It was very clean :)

I have cleaned off 2/3 of the engine and 1/2 the base.  Lots of old green paint starting to show up from under the oil and crap.  Hope to finish off cleaning tonight, then get ready to paint it up.  I'm going to paint the base yellow, as a warning to those approaching.  The engine will be in John Deer Green.

Add some oil and then find a fuel tank.  Any suggestions??  I'm thinking of two a small one with Diesel and a larger one, say 20 gallons as my normal run fuel (WVO and WMO)

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 02:19:13 AM »
Ok, I have just finished cleaning her up.  under the baked on oil, I found original green paint.  But everywhere else the red primer is showing .  The base was full of crap, almost like cement!!!  But I got it out and found baked under it the R A LISTER name plate.  The base is going to be painted last, and painted yellow... for safety.

My son was down on the ATV trails and found a Polaris SKi doo gas tank... black plastic and holds about 3-4 gallons.  I have the Rad.  Waiting on the water and exhaust/intake pieces.  Now the wait begins for the head, and of course, my first run :)

cheers

Andrew

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 01:02:45 AM »
Finished the first coat of paint.  She looks Beautiful!!!!  Going to let it dry for two days, then apply the second coat.  those wheels with the twin V cut into them, look sooooo sexy... might leave the garage open tomorow and see if any of the sexy female joggers stop by... yeah I know, dream on

slowspeed1953

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 04:08:55 AM »
Finished the first coat of paint.  She looks Beautiful!!!!  Going to let it dry for two days, then apply the second coat.  those wheels with the twin V cut into them, look sooooo sexy... might leave the garage open tomorow and see if any of the sexy female joggers stop by... yeah I know, dream on

You have to dangle the lure a little bit, put it out in the driveway. LOL

Peace&Love :D, Darren

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 12:21:39 PM »
Well just took a look at her this morning, the paint has dried lovely.  Gong to let it set today, and put a second coat on her tommorow.  She looks really good for her age.  Finish painting the engine, then I will start doing the highlights and the base.  I'll have to pick up some original Lister stickers to finish the look.

Now I can't wait to start it up, will start work this week on getting the fuel tank and the exhaust system working, then might try this week a start up of the engine.

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »
Well had some fun today figuring out all the extra SOM bits and pices.  Put 12 volts across the big white thing (see pictures) and low and behold up popped a plunger that pulled the lifter holder and the fuel tack off.  So it would appear that as the generator spins up and starts to create power, this automatic device pops up and then allows the lifters to work and clears the fuel cut off so you can switch it on.  There is still another wired part that I can't figure out what it does.

On the governor, it looks like there is a lack of movement in it.  May have to visit JohnR to see how they should work before I figure out this system.  Have the Radiator mont figured out but the fuel tank is proving to be a problem.

cheers

emerald

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2006, 10:08:21 PM »
I have a schematic diagram for the SOM. Will send it along if you wish.

Emerald

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 01:28:19 AM »
I have a schematic diagram for the SOM. Will send it along if you wish.

Emerald

Great, I have one, but it was not very clear - most likely it is but it has been a while since I had to read somenthing like that. 

but I'm open to knowledge, please do.  adaviesx at rogers dot com

listeroil

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2006, 02:18:16 AM »
The big white thing is the fuel control solonoid it serves two purposes one to set the engine on compression and two to open the pump up to full rack. it operates as soon as the detection circiut is energised.(not when AC is produced)
The other wired thing is a heavy duty microswitch which is operated off the governor arm. When the engine reaches about 75% revs the switch operates the plant contactor in the control cubicle that goes on the wall to
switch off the detection circuit
switch off the starting circuit
switch on the 24 volt battery charging circuit
switch on AC output
The engine switch also inserts the economy resistance in series with the fuel control solonoid to reduce power to it whilst the engine is running
The bulk of the controlling switchgear is housed in a dust proof cubicle arranged for wall mounting. Exceptions are the starting contactor, high-low charge switch, charging resistance and field rheostat which are mounted in a sheet steel housing above the alternator.
I will post some photos of the control box and the top box tomorrow.

Mick

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2006, 03:53:10 AM »
Mine did not come with the Wall box, and  these were not attached to anything.  I applied 12 v across it and noticed that the plunger popped up.  So how would I best work it?

I figured that once the SOM started to spin up it would produce some  power causing the plunger to rise pulling the exhaustlifter and the fuel rack.  The motor should be ready to start them but I would still need to  manually open the rack... am I correct??

The micro swtich seems to be holding the Governor arm up, can I take it off?

Also I noticed that the governor arrangment seems to be jamed up and it does not move much.  Cant see how to adjust it.

I was thinking that if I had a normally closed switch, then opening it would de-energise the solonoid causing the engine compression to open and the fuel rack to close stopping the engine.  Closing it and energizing the Genhead with a battery to get it to spin up, which would energize the solonoid allowing the engine to start.

If I am wrong, out to lunch, let me know... I just guessing here :)

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2006, 04:53:22 AM »
T-19---

While you have the head cover off could you get me a picture of the profile of the valve pusher pad.  Put a little ruler or (American) coin in the picture at the same focal length so I can figure that radius.  I'm making a fixture to precision grind those tomorrow.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

emerald

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2006, 12:05:47 PM »
T19, Can your mailbox take a few mb's of data?.....if so I will email those to you upon your thumbs up.

Hotater, I will get a few pics to you later on today. I will have the head from my SOM in my greasy hands. Hmm If I can get the bugger out of the workshop and manouver around my latestest renovation vehicle I can get you lots of internal pics and dimensions.

Emerald

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2006, 03:51:37 PM »
Ok, I will take it and email you directly, and keep taking pictures till you get what you need

cheers

Andrew