Puppeteer

Author Topic: My Lister SOM Web Page  (Read 25894 times)

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
My Lister SOM Web Page
« on: July 30, 2006, 04:20:43 AM »
Ok, it sucks for brilliance and neet features, but I've kept the wizbangs to a min to help those on slow dialups

http://ca.geocities.com/adaviesx@rogers.com/ADS.htm

I will also add pictures this week of it at the port... arrives on Monday eh?

JohnF, I hope you don't mind I inserted a link to your site.

Again Guy, thanks for all the help

cheers

Andrew

BTW... it seems this $#$%#crap site has limits on the downloads, and trying to get it right, I have overworked it.  I think I will have to find another place to keept it
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 04:31:39 AM by t19 »
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Procrustes

• View Profile
Re: My Lister SOM Web Page
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 04:29:12 AM »
"Sorry, this site is temporarily unavailable!

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer."

You must have a lot of friends... or posted some big media there... or maybe Geocities is stingy.

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 04:33:35 AM »
they are stingy.  I used to like the Rogers site better, now I know why.  I'll find another site
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

Geno

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 01:10:19 PM »
I use http://propellerheadhosting.com/  for a couple sites I maintain. (no commercial interest) good features, price and little downtime. I never use MS products to build a page, they add a lot of crap to the html. If I clean an MS built page its generally about 30% smaller. I'm not an expert by any means but if you need some assistance on the page let me know. There are free image editing products which are real helpful with cropping and size issues. I can't remember any names, I'm lucky enough to have Photoshop.

I'm looking forward to seeing your engine, what you do to it and what you find.

Thanks, Geno

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 01:19:32 PM »
Thanks,
I just used MS Word and added some pictures and saved as an HTML page.  I'm going to download some better apps and redu it.  I thinkthe first ting I will do is make the pictures appear as thumbnails, that should cut down on the hits.  Rogers gave me this free space with my account, the did not say anything about it be crippled if you use it.

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 11:27:47 PM »
You know almost every bodies ISP account comes with free web space. Just use that.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 12:26:28 AM »
i use www.datat1.com .. they are 2.95 a month for 1 site or 5.95 a month for up to 25 sites. you can get unix or windows. lots of free apps.... not a bunch of extra costs... most anything you want is included in the price.

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 01:09:40 AM »
You know almost every bodies ISP account comes with free web space. Just use that.
Rogers use to do that, then then farmed everything out to Yahoo, and now our FREE Space is Geocities, and as you can see, it sucks.  I moderate another forum, I should be able to create a subdirector and post it there

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 11:40:04 PM »
Well I picked it up... the fuel tank was crushed.  It had some rot in the bottom, which might explain why it was not being used.  The Gen head is a mess, but it is 230 volt 50 cycles, and the wires coming out of it are shot.  Going to see how much to get the wires updated and labelled.

MAN this thing is heavy!!!!! truck really dropped when the loaded it into the back of the pickup truck.

I have noticed that this unit seems have extra equipnment on it around the exhaust valve.  I have also noticed that hot water outport had been snapped off for a while, what do you guess suggest would be a good replacement?

Oh yeah the air intake has a curved pice of metal with a metal mess grill in it, does not look like it would filter very much

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 07:55:12 PM »
Ok, I have uploaded some new pictures of the head, the oil filter and the drank,  have a look see

Andre Blanchard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 08:26:07 PM »
Where?

The web page you are trying to access doesn't exist on Yahoo! GeoCities.
http://ca.geocities.com/adaviesx@rogers.com/ADS.htm
If you continue to have trouble, visit our help area for information and assistance.

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 10:50:14 PM »

Andre Blanchard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2006, 11:00:08 PM »
THIS IS THE ORIGINAL AIR FILTER!!!!!!

It does keep out mice and any nut or bolt you will find on that engine.  ;D

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2006, 12:09:42 AM »
ahhh, a thing of beauty

by way of comparison

--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2006, 01:35:41 AM »
How about these

The 6 bolt head

Ok, they call this an Air Filter.... All your debates earlier on flow... this sort of makes it mute.  Lots of oil got suched up in this from the lifters

Here are are autostart parts on the SOM.. have to figure out how to get them working again

« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 01:37:18 AM by t19 »